PDA

View Full Version : ONR not working?

Boston Man
03-07-2010, 05:56 PM
The little tiny dirt particles dont seem to be sinking to the bottom. They stay floating above the gritguard. I used ONR v1 at the correct wash ratio. I notice it at the first rinse. The water dripping from a rinsed mitt is clear but probably. When I dip my hand into the wash solution then take it back out, there is a little bit of tiny dirt particles on my hands.

AeroCleanse
03-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Use the two bucket method.

dervdave
03-08-2010, 10:55 AM
The grit does the damage and that has fallen through the grit guard, has it not ?

MichaelSpoots
03-08-2010, 11:44 AM

Bingo.

Boston Man, do you use the 2BM? I do, and have a GritGuard in each. Dip mitt in ONR bucket, wash panel, dip mitt in water bucket, rub on GG, squeeze water onto plants, then dip in ONR bucket, wash panel...Oh yeah, somewhere in there, I also dry the panel :LOLOL.

Rtom
03-08-2010, 02:01 PM
It depends on the dirt that`s on the car. A lot of times i`ll end up with cloudy water that has bits of crap floating around too, but at the very least the more harmful sediment settles in the bottom.

Just avoid picking up anything that looks like it would be painful to the clear coat and inspect your mitt after dipping your mitt into the water bucket. The 2BM will keep the cloudiness/dirtiness in the water and the ONR mixture clean.

-Robert

imported_WCD
03-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Just thought of this...if the "scum" is floating in your bucket, will it not be floating on top of the ONR IF it goes back on. If so, will it not come clean off the paint when you dry it?

Rob

Boston Man
03-08-2010, 05:30 PM

Should I put ONR in both buckets? Which bucket should I put the grit guard?

The grit does the damage and that has fallen through the grit guard, has it not ?

I dont quite understand what you`re saying. There is some grit that has settled at the bottom. Some floating in the water above the grit guard.

Bingo.

Boston Man, do you use the 2BM? I do, and have a GritGuard in each. Dip mitt in ONR bucket, wash panel, dip mitt in water bucket, rub on GG, squeeze water onto plants, then dip in ONR bucket, wash panel...Oh yeah, somewhere in there, I also dry the panel :LOLOL.

I havnt tried the 2BM yet... mostly because ScottWax`s videos didnt show him using it.

I rub the mit on the grit guard too

It depends on the dirt that`s on the car. A lot of times i`ll end up with cloudy water that has bits of crap floating around too, but at the very least the more harmful sediment settles in the bottom.

Just avoid picking up anything that looks like it would be painful to the clear coat and inspect your mitt after dipping your mitt into the water bucket. The 2BM will keep the cloudiness/dirtiness in the water and the ONR mixture clean.

-Robert

I`ve noticed some pine or some other tree needles floating around. I just pick them off the mitt if they get stuck.

Just thought of this...if the "scum" is floating in your bucket, will it not be floating on top of the ONR IF it goes back on. If so, will it not come clean off the paint when you dry it?

Rob

On top of the ONR?

AeroCleanse
03-08-2010, 06:23 PM
Should I put ONR in both buckets? Which bucket should I put the grit guard?

You can put ONR in both, or just the wash bucket, your choice. If you only have one, put the grit guard in the rinse bucket. Make sure your rubbing you wash media over the grit guard to dislodge stuff.