PDA

View Full Version : Best No Slag Tire Dressing...

Pages : [1] 2 3

darita
03-07-2010, 09:25 AM
I`m looking for the best, no slag, glossy tire dressing. It drives me crazy to use tire dressings, only to have it spray off the tires and onto the car when driving. I always let the car sit for at least a few hours after application of the dressing, but it doesn`t seem to do any good. I also want to make sure that the dressing doesn`t damage or "brown" the rubber. I need suggestions from experts.

David Fermani
03-07-2010, 09:49 AM
I like using:

Zaino Z16 Z-16 Perfect Tire Gloss: Zaino Store (http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Z-16&Category_Code=Zaino&Product_Count=18)

Optimum Tire Shine Optimum Tire Shine (http://www.optimumcarcare.com/otshine.htm?li=7)

Accumulator
03-07-2010, 09:50 AM
darita- Welcome to Autopia!

I`ve never had *any* slinging wih Zaino Z16.

But to be honest, I don`t think I`ve ever had slinging from any tire dressing. I suspect it`s because I don`t apply too much and I wipe off any excess (to the point that the tire feels pretty much dry to the touch) before driving.

subygirl
03-07-2010, 09:50 AM
+1 for Zaino Z-16. Its The only product I have used thus far that creates a muted shiny finish that lasts for weeks and doesn`t sling.

Accumulator
03-07-2010, 10:36 AM
subygirl- Glad you posted that; I was thinking that my response could get blown off as "well, he never has the slinging anyhow..".

Plus, sometimes I think Zaino suggestions get blown off as just another Zaino-zealot`s suggestion (though in my case Z16 and ZAIO are the only Z products I use).

sparklescarwash
03-07-2010, 11:10 AM
first off it make sure you apply with sponge wipe on or paint on with paint brush I do not like to spray any tire dressing on becaus it can get everywere I like p&s wipe and shine you can even apply to wet tire

strauss
03-07-2010, 11:18 AM
Another vote for Zaino Z-16. It`s the only Zaino product that I still use, and IMO the best tire dressing out there.

fergnation
03-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Z-16 is a fantastic product. I use it on all sorts of other plastic pieces and trim. I tried the Optimum product and hate it. Z-16 gives me the look I am going for but I just wish it lasted a bit longer

shaunls1
03-07-2010, 12:33 PM
i also say that the zaino is about the best i have used.

my trick as with any tire dressings is to put it on with a sponge aplicator(i have a bunch of the square adams sponges)

wait a few min then i will eather go over it with a dry sponge or i will have an old terry towel and i will give the tire a light wipe down.

i got the eagle one tire gel that comes in the spray bottle(way wrong bottle for a thick gel) and it goes on matte but get glossyer and its decent but not as good as the zaino.

also the zaino is water based so even if it does get on the car it will wipe right off with a qd spray the silicone type is a lot harder to get off even if you wash the car.

a.k.a. Patrick
03-07-2010, 12:36 PM
The trick with ANY dressing is to wipe off afterwards. OptiBond is pretty stellar in my book. Tuf Shine is another style of `dressing" altogether. Its actually a tire sealant.

MichaelSpoots
03-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Touching on what Patrick said, I`ve never encountered a dressing that slings. And I`ve used gel, liquid spray, liquids in consistencies from waterlike to creamylike, and foam.

What it comes down to is your method of application. Sometimes I use my curved foam tire applicator pads; other times I use my terrycloth circular app pads. No sling problems. Some people also wipe away the "excess" (not that there really is any with me) with their junk MF cloths.

Maybe you`re just pushing a HP/Torque monster of which we are unaware? :rolleyes:

mborner
03-07-2010, 05:21 PM
I`ve discovered that, no matter what tire dressing you use, almost none of them will sling when used as directed. Here`s the problem, and I find myself doing the same thing. You apply your tire dressing and you say to yourself "wow, looks good, but I want it to look better, so I`ll apply more". After that, You walk around your car and say to yourself "yea, just little more would be just right" Next thing you know, you`re slinging all over the place and then you blame the product for having severe sling issues. I know EVERBODY is guilty of doing this. :grinno:

BigAl3
03-07-2010, 05:49 PM
The trick with ANY dressing is to wipe off afterwards.

agreed, i always use a tire applicator and work the dressing into the tire...

FDNY1075
03-07-2010, 05:54 PM
Megs HD properly applied.

gdal
03-07-2010, 06:28 PM
+1 vote for Zaino Z16 ... even though I tried Duragloss 253 today and I can`t tell the difference between both products.

Another good one is Showroom FX "White Pearl".