PDA

View Full Version : How Much M105 and M205?

wn1998
03-06-2010, 10:47 PM
just ordered some M105 and M205 (32 oz) bottles. I was just curious how much the average car would take (2006 Nissan Maxima). This is for some moderate swirling on a blue Maxima. I just want to know on average how much product you use per car.

imported_WCD
03-06-2010, 10:59 PM
3 oz. per car? You only need about 3 drops on the pad per run or pass. Size like the diameter of a pencil eraser- three and work slowly in and work.

You do not need to put a strip or line down the panel and have most of it sling onto the windshield, wipers, or your clothes---from experience. :)

Rob

subygirl
03-07-2010, 09:56 AM
Depending on the size of the car 3-4oz per car seems normal for me

Accumulator
03-07-2010, 10:28 AM
Priming the pad (properly) can take a bit of product, and the requisite pad cleaning/repriming can use some up too, but yeah...other than that it just takes a few little dots of product. IMO most people use a lot more of most *every* product than they oughta.

Doing my Yukon DXL didn`t put much of a dent in my 32 oz. bottles of M105/M205, and it needed a lot of work.

imported_WCD
03-07-2010, 10:41 AM
The best tire dressing applicator I`ve seen was through an air powered spray gun- The guy had only filled it once in about 5 months- busy shop.

Talk about using only what you need! I am going to do this at some point.

Rob

strauss
03-07-2010, 09:56 PM
I honestly go through more product now that I prime my pads before polishing(KBM). With that being said, it`s totally worth it since I get great reults, in less time. The only downfall is product use. Since I have to switch and or clean my pads often using the KBM, I have to prime my pad often whcih ends up using more product than normal.

Accumulator
03-08-2010, 11:05 AM
I honestly go through more product now that I prime my pads before polishing(KBM). With that being said, it`s totally worth it since I get great reults, in less time. The only downfall is product use. Since I have to switch and or clean my pads often using the KBM, I have to prime my pad often whcih ends up using more product than normal.

IF you have the option, cleaning the pads with compressed air (as long as you can, eventually it`s not effective enough) seems to help cut down on the need to completely reprime.

strauss
03-08-2010, 11:18 AM
IF you have the option, cleaning the pads with compressed air (as long as you can, eventually it`s not effective enough) seems to help cut down on the need to completely reprime.

Thanks for the tip! :)

Accumulator
03-08-2010, 11:46 AM
strauss- Well, don`t thank me yet ;) See how it works for you. Watch that the air doesn`t dry out the pad excessively, for one thing.