PDA

View Full Version : Quick Detailer On Chrome Wheels

spencer785
03-06-2010, 12:08 AM
Hi there just wondering is it okay give my wheels a quick clean with quick detailer everyday or will it wreck the finish. And what quick detailer do you guys recommend for chrome wheels. Thanks

JohnKleven
03-06-2010, 12:18 AM
Glass cleaner also works well. The reason I recommend glass cleaner is because it cleans the dust off, but doesn`t leave any waxes which will attract dust and grime.

John

dervdave
03-06-2010, 01:22 AM
Hi there just wondering is it okay give my wheels a quick clean with quick detailer everyday or will it wreck the finish. And what quick detailer do you guys recommend for chrome wheels. Thanks

QDs aren`t powerful and will only remove light dirt/dust and not remove any LSP.

Which one ? on wheels it won`t make a lot of difference which one, personally I like OID but a hell of a lot cheaper and just as effective will be a spray bottle filled with ONR at QD strength.

:)

Accumulator
03-06-2010, 11:11 AM
I`d use something with lots of lubricity and encapsulation...anything abrasive that you`re cleaning off might leave there-forever scratches if you`re not careful.

FK425 or FK146 would be my choices, but I bet that sooner or later there`d be some marring from it no matter how careful you are.

tmg19103
03-06-2010, 11:31 AM
If you just have some lite brake dust on the wheels, OID or FK 425 will not only make the wheels look great, but they are anit-static and won`t attract dust.

The key is to make sure the product is dry before driving. I`d give it an hour to make sure.

This would be a good thing to do between washes to keep the brake dust down and the wheels looking good. That way when you wash, you don`t need a wheel cleaner and a brush for a lot of brake dust, but can just wash with car wash soap and a sponge to treat the wheels gently but effectively.

Jaws2008
03-06-2010, 01:07 PM
I use Meguiars Quick Wheel Detailer on my Chrome Rims and it works GREAT

Legacy
03-06-2010, 06:21 PM
If you just have some lite brake dust on the wheels, OID or FK 425 will not only make the wheels look great, but they are anit-static and won`t attract dust.

The key is to make sure the product is dry before driving. I`d give it an hour to make sure.

This would be a good thing to do between washes to keep the brake dust down and the wheels looking good. That way when you wash, you don`t need a wheel cleaner and a brush for a lot of brake dust, but can just wash with car wash soap and a sponge to treat the wheels gently but effectively.

Are you serious? You need a QD to dry for an hour before driving??

tmg19103
03-07-2010, 01:50 AM
Are you serious? You need a QD to dry for an hour before driving??

Didn`t say "need". Just playing it safe. If it is still damp at all, it will attract brake dust. Fully dry, a good anti-static like OID or FK 425 will repel brake dust somewhat.

Ten minutes drying might well be fine, but I personally would do this knowing I would not be driving the car for a little while just to be sure.

So, to answer your question, no I am not kidding because I have not done a study on when a QD is fully dry on a car and I am not aware of one for the products I use. Perhaps you can fill me in?

dave40co
03-07-2010, 09:06 AM
I use Meguiars Quick Wheel Detailer on my Chrome Rims and it works GREAT

I love the stuff! :bigups