PDA

View Full Version : What pads are you using?

tonyS
03-05-2010, 11:04 PM
What pads are you using with meg`s 105/205? I only have a rotary right now but I want to get a PC soon. Does it work pretty good with an orbital also?

strauss
03-06-2010, 10:33 AM
Yes, the M105/205 combo works great with the PC. Matter of fact, I`d say for removing swirls it`s one of the best compound/polish combos out there for the PC. The non-diminishing abrasives allow you to work the product however long you need to remove any defects in the paint you are working with. Currently I have been using LC flat orange pads with M105, and LC CCS white pads with M205. I also have some LC flat black pads that I use with M205 as well.

imported_NRZ
03-06-2010, 10:38 AM
The HydroTech pads are awesome with 105/205! I use them on a Flex but with the 4 and 5.5 inch versions on a PC you will be set!

strauss
03-06-2010, 10:44 AM
The HydroTech pads are awesome with 105/205! I use them on a Flex but with the 4 and 5.5 inch versions on a PC you will be set!

I forgot to add that to my post. I have heard nothing but good things about the HydroTech pads with the M105/205 combo. I am planning on making the switch to them as soon as I get the funds together to pick up a bunch.

That being said, until HydroTech comes out with a dedicated finishing pad, I will still have a use for my LC black/blue pads when I want to finish down really fine of soft clear.

LICamaro85
03-06-2010, 10:54 AM
I don`t understand what is so good about the Hydrotech LC pads? They only have two pads which I kind of like so you dont have 5 different color pads to choose from. Other than that what is the main difference, it says they do not absorb that much water based products but I do not really think the CCS pads absorbe that much either... For the money I don`t really see the need to get them, their 3 for 30 or 6 flat pads for 34 for that price I will stick to the flat pads and the CCS ones but that is just me.

- LI 85

AeroCleanse
03-06-2010, 12:24 PM
With M105 I use a Meg`s wool pad. Haven`t use M205.

Accumulator
03-07-2010, 10:09 AM
I like the Griot`s orange foam polishing pads, which are presumably about the same as the tangerine hydrotech ones. They have more cut than most "white polishing pads" but finish out about as well, at least on paint that`s not too soft. I even like using them with AIOs as their somewhat porous nature seems to work better for me than "tighter"/less porous finishing pads, which can sometimes clog up a bit too readily.

The Flex/Griot`s orange/M205 combo works great for me, as does PC/Griot`s orange/KAIO.

JimmyCutlass
03-08-2010, 12:15 PM
I use the Meg`s 2.0 7" polishing and finishing pads on both my rotary and my DA. Occasionally, for the worst imperfections, I use a Meg`s wool pad.