12-27-2005, 12:59 PM
1) wash with Meg car soap.
2) clay bar car
3)Polish with Menzerna IP
4)Polish with Menzerna PF
5)Glaze - Have not chosen product.
6)Wax with PS-21

All with portacable 7424.

The car is yellow - What do you think of above?

Mikeyc
12-27-2005, 01:49 PM
Unless you have moderate to heavy swirling, oxidation, or scratching you don`t need Menzerna IP. IP is more a product for a neglected car. Although, you didn`t mention the shape of your car.

Also, IMO glazes have become the detailing equivalent of the human appendix. Once, it had a function and a use but is now unnecessary. Polishes are so effective these days that there is no need to try fill in scratching with a glaze. Unless of course you have very thin paint from wet sanding or years and years of polishing.

JaredPointer
12-27-2005, 02:22 PM
What pads are you planning on using. I didn`t see any pads listed with each step. Just curious.

joyriide1113
12-27-2005, 02:32 PM
LOOKS Great

again this is all on assuming u have a swirly car.

yellow is a hard color but the glaze should definately help.

TomG
12-27-2005, 02:46 PM
If the finish is not swirly - you would omit the IP?

Would you Glaze and wax?

Jngrbrdman
12-27-2005, 03:17 PM
I wouldn`t glaze if you plan on removing the swirls. Just polish out the swirls and slap on a wax. A glaze is just a greasy product designed to hide swirls and make the car look wet. If you have already removed the swirls then just go to the wax and skip the glaze.

GregCavi
12-27-2005, 07:30 PM
I will echo the above except for one thing, If your car has swirls, you will need the IP. I saw you said Menzerna PF.. do you mean FPII? FPII IMHO doesnt remove swirls, it just perfects the finish. So it looks good, but skip the glaze. FPII leaves a finish that you wont want to grease up.

Greg

crobinso
12-28-2005, 11:58 AM
After claying, shouldn`t the car be washed again?

Charles

TomG
12-28-2005, 12:01 PM
Are the above products compatable?

JaredPointer
12-28-2005, 12:15 PM
After claying, shouldn`t the car be washed again?

Charles

Not really. You can clay while you wash, among other things. I don`t understand why it is so widely believed that you must wash again after claying myself. If you clay using the supplied lubricant (or as you wash the vehicle), and the process is done correctly, there won`t be a need to wash again.

GregCavi
12-28-2005, 12:47 PM
Not really. You can clay while you wash, among other things. I don`t understand why it is so widely believed that you must wash again after claying myself. If you clay using the supplied lubricant (or as you wash the vehicle), and the process is done correctly, there won`t be a need to wash again.

I agree with that. I always clay while I wash or use a clay lube, I Dont wash afterwards, but I will use a qd to clean up the residue, washing just seems like overkill.

Greg

crobinso
12-28-2005, 01:45 PM
I agree with that. I always clay while I wash or use a clay lube, I Dont wash afterwards, but I will use a qd to clean up the residue, washing just seems like overkill.

Greg

Okay then. I would add to TomG`s list to qd the car after claying, to clean up the residue.

Charles

TomG
12-28-2005, 02:08 PM
Do the above products work together. I get nervous using different brand and I am not sure what is or is`nt compatable.

JaredPointer
12-28-2005, 02:27 PM
I don`t quite understand what everyone means when they say "residue" when talking about claying. If I clay while washing, I would imagine the "residue" gets rinsed when I rinse a panel. Even when I clay after a wash, the only "residue" I have left is the lubricant, which is immediately wiped off before it dries with a microfiber towel. Am I missing something? Should I be leaving the lube "residue" on the vehicle? I have never seen this done, nor read about it, but almost every post about clay has something about "residue", which I don`t quite understand.

When I clay as a "stand-alone" procedure using the lube or QD, after the actual claying process, and wiping away the lube with a MF, I am left with a smooth, clean paint surface. Maybe this deserves another thread, but does anyone care to enlighten me in the case that I am doing something terribly wrong?? :eek:

JaredPointer
12-28-2005, 02:29 PM
Do the above products work together. I get nervous using different brand and I am not sure what is or is`nt compatable.

Yes Tom, the above mentioned products should work. Just because a product is not of the same name brand, doesn`t mean they won`t work well together. I think most of the people here use several different brands of product during a single detail.

Sorry to get your thread off topic.