PDA

View Full Version : How many times a year ?

Dubravac
03-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Hey everyone, i was just wondering what your opinions were on how many times you should detail your car a year. I do the regular type maintenance on my car, washes/interior cleaning and polishing ... but i take my car to a professional to get detailing done, he`s actually a well respected detailer in the before and after section of this forum. I bought my new car in october, silver honda civic .. got it detailed for the winter .. i was wonderinghow many more times a year i should get it detailed ? Winter is almost on it`s way out now ... would you do a detail right after winter, then again in the summer .. or would you maybe wait until may of june to do a summer detail ...

Thanks for your help, it`s much appreciated !!

Kean
03-03-2010, 04:22 PM
Hey everyone, i was just wondering what your opinions were on how many times you should detail your car a year. I do the regular type maintenance on my car, washes/interior cleaning and polishing ... but i take my car to a professional to get detailing done, he`s actually a well respected detailer in the before and after section of this forum. I bought my new car in october, silver honda civic .. got it detailed for the winter .. i was wonderinghow many more times a year i should get it detailed ? Winter is almost on it`s way out now ... would you do a detail right after winter, then again in the summer .. or would you maybe wait until may of june to do a summer detail ...

Thanks for your help, it`s much appreciated !!

….as often as needed. I really believe it’s that simple. The fact is that individual scenarios are different and how often you will need to wash, clay, polish, apply an LSP, etc. will depend on many factors (i.e. how the car is stored, how often the car is used, road conditions, environmental conditions, products/tools/techniques used (during the detail and your regular maintenance in between), etc., etc.). A major determining factor (IMO) will be your own level of expectation (or tolerance) in regard to the appearance of your vehicle. If you want to keep that “just detailed” look it’s going to require diligence on your part to help keep it that way. If not, you will likely need to pay him a visit more often to maintain that appearance you’re after. ….and waiting too long is also a consideration since it could require more time/effort during the next detail (which translates to a higher cost to you in most cases). btw, if you like the work your detailer has done and trust him, why not ask for his opinion as well? He may be able to work out a schedule that suits your needs. ….the advantage I see is that he can evaluate your car/situation in person.

Envious Eric
03-04-2010, 01:23 AM
2-3 times is what I would say.

once you get it perfecteed how you want it, its time to maintain and you "shouldnt" need to go heavy correction again...I said shouldnt...lol

if you let it go, then its time to correct it again! polishing is one thing and done at least 2 times a year, but compounding maybe once a year or 1 in every 2 years if properly maintained...plus you get the satisfaction of always driving a clean, good looking car around if you maintain!!!

vtec92civic
03-04-2010, 01:56 AM
yeah it really all depends as eric stated.

For the most part once your vehicle is in good shape it`s all about getting the maintenance stuff done like having it waxed. Seeing as how wax will last for different lengths of time depending on the elements it is exposed to.

It`s prob. best to get your car waxed at least every 2-3 months or have a sealant applied and you can go a little longer. As for everything else that would depend on you. Detailing is not just the cleaning of the car but all in the proper maintenance and protection.

Scottwax
03-04-2010, 08:36 AM
Rule of thumb is wax every change of the seasons and detail the interior as often as needed. Wash and vacuum weekly.