PDA

View Full Version : Poorboy`s Natural Look

CharlesW
12-26-2005, 01:48 PM
Poorboy`s Clearance Sale enticed me into trying this. Glad I did.

1. Packaging & Labeling. Is it well packaged? Are the labels durable?
Typical Poorboy`s. Nothing fancy, but adequate.

2. Helpful instructions on label?
Yes.

3. Does product do what the manufacturer claims it does?
As far as cleaning and appearance, definitely. I probably won`t know how well it protects for several years.

4. Value. Is the product a good buy? Does a little go a long way?
It was a bargain for me and is probably fairly priced when not a clearance item. It does seem to go a long way.

5. Easy to use? Did you read the directions and use as directed?
Yes and yes.

6.Is it safe for enthusiasts?
Absolutely.

7. Describe the product smell, viscosity and other physical traits if any.
The product I received was the older, thicker version. It doesn`t lend itself well to spraying, but is easy to use when applied with a piece of terry towel.
Again, I didn`t really notice the odor. See addendum.

Summary:
This product will replace my 303 Aerospace Protectant for the vehicles for a while. Seems to apply easily, looks good and leaves a satin sheen when buffed a little. I don`t happen to like shiny plastic.

Charles

Addendum: Steve recently informed me that what I have is basically not a different formula. It is just thicker and unscented.

AZ Ferrari Man
12-26-2005, 03:03 PM
Hi Charles, does it spread easily, or does it get caught up on vinyl and rubber? ALso did you notice any streaking? Thanks for the review!

Andrew

Mikeyc
12-26-2005, 03:04 PM
Would you say the product has more or less shine than 303?

CharlesW
12-26-2005, 03:19 PM
Spreads easily, no streaking, about the same matte finish as 303 when buffed. Keep in mind that what I`m using is the older, thicker version. I would think the newer, thinner stuff would spread even better. See addendum.
One reason I didn`t comment on those particular traits is because I haven`t had spreading or streaking problems with any dressing I have ever used.
The fact that I really don`t know anything about posting a review has nothing to do with it. Besides, not knowing what I`m talking about has never stopped me in the past.

Charles

Addendum: Steve has informed me that what I have is basically not an older formula. It is a batch that came out thicker and unscented.
C.

Mr. Clean
12-28-2005, 12:24 AM
Addendum: Steve has informed me that what I have is basically not an older formula. It is a batch that came out thicker and unscented.
C.
Ahhhh that explains it. I couldn`t imagine what you meant when you said
The product I received was the older, thicker version. It doesn`t lend itself well to spraying,... I`ve never had a thick NL product that didn`t spray quite easily. I am glad that it worked out for you. I use NL far more often than any of my other interior cleaning/conditioning products. I`ve post this before, but I really like this product...and (I`m pretty certain) it has biocides in it which inhibit mold and bacteria -- a nice little value add :bigups I don`t know the concentration, but I have read this in previous posts by Poorboy himself.

Miami_Sunset
12-28-2005, 01:19 AM
Natural Look is a good product. but the Patent protection 303 offers is :bb: really worth it. Also I have replaced NL with Adams V.R.T. natural look is still a product that i carry in my arsenal.

HondaMan
01-17-2006, 10:28 PM
I know that NL does SOME protecting, but if I used 303 on my dash, let it soak in for 1-2 days and then re-hit with NL, would I be canceling out the 303 protection with the NL ?

Maybe I shoudl use NL first for cleaning and then use 303 for extra-protection?

Or maybe just use 1 product and stop worrying about minute differnces ?? :D

Miami_Sunset
01-17-2006, 10:53 PM
stop worrying. as long as you dress your trim with a quality dressing you have nothing to worry about. What i do is that i dress my trim with Poorboy`s Trim restore Once a month & then weekly with VRT this way my trim looks better than new. :yes:

flyfisher
01-19-2006, 03:26 PM
I recently used this product on tires with very good results. Leaves a very natural look like tires look when they are new. Also seems to last quite a while and survive driving in the rain.