PDA

View Full Version : Which Product(s) to use prior to sale?

Rand
02-28-2010, 05:08 PM
I hope to sell my car to Car Max in about a month or two. It is a black 2004 Honda Civic Coupe. There are numerous swirl marks on it. I will be working on the car by hand. What products (routine) do you suggest that would be best to use prior to the sale or possible trade in to have the car look its best?

Thanks

uberyk
02-28-2010, 05:26 PM
honestly you won`t be able to do much about the swirls by hand.

technically yes, if you polish by hand long enough you can reduce swirls, but your arms would be on the verge of falling off by that point.

if you don`t have a machine available, my advice would be to thoroughly wash, clay, wax and be done with it.

wfedwar
02-28-2010, 06:16 PM
Something that can fill those swirls will help to some degree. For over the counter stuff, Meguiars NXT Tech Wax 2.0 works well.

rcrobbins
02-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Megs deep crystal step 2 polish has fillers in it, despite stating it doesn`t on the bottle..IPA proves other wise to me. Try that followed with show car glaze and some NXT2.0. That should give you enough fillers to make the car decent looking in the eyes of a used car salesmen.

wn1998
02-28-2010, 07:20 PM
I doubt doing anything will get you more money at Carmax. I would just wash it and be done with it. As long as you don`t have any major issues with your paint, you would be wasting your time.

mini1
02-28-2010, 08:40 PM
Wash it and trade it. Let them recon it. They are only looking at the year, make, model, odometer reading and general overall condition. They are not looking for paint perfection.