PDA

View Full Version : Must own waxe`s? looking to grow my collection

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

jose206
02-28-2010, 12:39 AM
I`d like to know what your guys wax collection consist of? what could you just not do without? I`m looking to place an order here soon, maybe a "boutique" wax as I`ve read some of you guys call them. I`m thinking that zymol vintage is out of my price range for now at least...

jose206
02-28-2010, 12:41 AM
also leather treatment, what leather treatment products would you say a professional shouldn`t be without?

twisted007
02-28-2010, 01:04 AM
i like the zymol waxes as you know lol an the zymol leather products are great an so are the leather masters products. now i hear alot about swissvax but have not tried them yet but will soon.

Street5927
02-28-2010, 02:15 AM
Wow, my collection of waxes consits ofso many, however, some of my favorites are: Pinnacle Souveran, Dodo Juice Double Wax, and CG Butter wet wax.

tibbsonaphone
02-28-2010, 04:20 AM
I`ll assume from your interest in Zymol and Boutique wax,you want recommendations for Carnauba wax.So for wax I would recommend Pinnacle Souveran as the above post,its very easy to use. But I really liked Wolfgang Fuzion better,for my eyes,the final appearance seemed glossier than Souveran. And I felt it beaded water longer. A sample pot of Fuzion is more than enough, and its reasonably priced. I would also like to recommend Meguiars Hi-Tech Yellow wax. I`m also very fond of Clearkote`s Red Moose Glaze, though its not a wax. I don`t feel that its the best filling product available, but I always notice reflections seem a little sharper. For a leather product,as you probably know,most automotive leather is coated/protected.The only product I ever found that clearly stated it was designed for such leather was "Leather Magic". It can be ordered worldwide from their website, shipping is quick and reasonable with USPS. I haven`t used enough leather products to offer a comparison. But I had a good experience with Leather Magic cleaners and conditioners. There was actually a noticeable difference after the treatment. I was surprised to end up with so many formerly white towels. The conditioner also diminished the appearance of wear on my drivers seat.

Wax:Pinnacle Souveran,Wolfgang Fuzion,Meguiars Hi-tech yellow wax

Leather:Leather Magic

Other recommendations:Clearkote Red Moose Glaze.

Street5927
02-28-2010, 05:44 AM
Here is a quick question (not to get off topic, but since it was mentioned above). The Megs Hi-Tech Yellow wax. I think I had a tub of it several years ago and actually liked it. I don`t remember if it was the Hi-tech yellow, though. It came in a yellowish/maybe goldish colored metal tub. I think it even said "Hi-Tech Yellow Wax) at an angle on the lid. The lettering was the same color as the can, but it went over a black colored stripe (I think). I am dusting off the cobwebs in the brain to try and remember! :tumbleweeThe paste was yellow, and it actually performed quite well. It was easy on and super easy off. Am I thinking of the same thing here???

wfedwar
02-28-2010, 06:22 AM
Here is a quick question (not to get off topic, but since it was mentioned above). The Megs Hi-Tech Yellow wax. I think I had a tub of it several years ago and actually liked it. I don`t remember if it was the Hi-tech yellow, though. It came in a yellowish/maybe goldish colored metal tub. I think it even said "Hi-Tech Yellow Wax) at an angle on the lid. The lettering was the same color as the can, but it went over a black colored stripe (I think). I am dusting off the cobwebs in the brain to try and remember! :tumbleweeThe paste was yellow, and it actually performed quite well. It was easy on and super easy off. Am I thinking of the same thing here???

Sounds like Megs #26. Did it smell like bananas?

wfedwar
02-28-2010, 06:23 AM
I think everyone should try either Collinite 476S or 915. Pretty remarkable stuff in the beading and longevity aspects.

elk42
02-28-2010, 06:50 AM
My list includes P21S 100%, P21S concours, Natty`s blue, and soon Pinnacle Series II. I hear great reviews regarding the Pinnacle and it was offered at Autogeek as part of the VIP special.

Street5927
02-28-2010, 08:04 AM
Sounds like Megs #26. Did it smell like bananas?

Yes, it did smell like bananas.

2k1AmberR/T
02-28-2010, 09:19 AM
Yes, it did smell like bananas.

I think I`m going to try some #26 to see how I like it before moving to a different carnauba wax since I already have some. I tried a search for results with 26 on here and couldn`t come up with very much. I`ll have some pics and feedback in about 2 weeks.

jose206
02-28-2010, 10:28 AM
Thanks for all the responses so far, keep them coming, id like to see who all agrees on what. I can find that p21-s here locally at wholesale cost any else use that brand of wax? Your thoughts are appreciated. Also I remember autogeek doing some special on that fuzion, is it still available?

Barry Theal
02-28-2010, 10:42 AM
I am advid fan of 845 on daily drivers. One of my favorites is Wolfgang Fuzion as well. Although I just recently used 915 on my wife cars and Ill bet it is probaly one of the best waxes made. I have used swissvax glacier on my personal car and its gonna get stripped real soon. I`m going to 915 on it. I have the concorso as well, but haven`t tried it yet. If your looking for a nice looking wax and you have a few dollars. I would suggest wolfgang Fuzion. Now if you want a wax with a NO bull **** marketing and works. I would go with 915.

imported_Jakerooni
02-28-2010, 10:58 AM
my personal 2 favorite nuba`s are still by far Danase`s Classic Wax (sad to see it go) and DP`s MAX WAX. I`ve tried several of the more expensive waxes and they looked good but I just didn`t see enough of a difference to justify the cost difference. And a lot of the higher end stuff dosen`t seem to have the longevity of the "normal price range" waxes that I`ve tried. To me it`s either got to last signifigantly longer (by months not days) or just flat out look jaw dropping better than the other guys to justify that kind of cost. I haven`t tried them all but so far I haven`t seen either difference just yet.

JohnKleven
02-28-2010, 10:58 AM
You can`t beat Dodo Juice Supernatural for the money. If you`re looking to spend a little less, the Sonax Premium Class carnauba wax is excellent.

John