PDA

View Full Version : Reviews of HD Uno and Random Orbitals?

Pages : [1] 2

wn1998
02-27-2010, 02:27 PM
Just wanted to see what you guys think of the HD uno and random orbital? Is it really a miracle all in one polish? I was thinking of getting Menzerna SIP and Nano but HD Uno sounds like it could get moderate swirls out and finish amazing all in one step.

Just wanted to see what you guys thought.

Thomas Dekany
02-27-2010, 11:32 PM
I know that is it an excellent product. Works amazing with the pc. Takes time but the finish is worth it.

It is up to you - I can`t and don`t want to make you buy something that I LIKE. SIP is great but UNO`s ability to correct is in another league.

imported_WCD
02-27-2010, 11:34 PM
Thanks for reminding me that I have some! I am going to test some things next week - I have new pads- a lot of them! I am pushing Optimum, but will do a side by side with Uno.

I have kompressor pads...purple, black, orange, and white. I have Makita, Cyclo, and PC.

I hope to use the Makita almost exclusively. I am using the 6" pads with a 5" backing plate from LC.

I have a black `95 BMW to play with and it has lots of great things for me to try and get out...etched water spots, swirls, scratches, etc. Paint is still glossy, but filled with years of love. :)

I`ll try and post some pics of the comparison, ease of use, and final product.

Not sure how much UNO can do with a DA vs. a rotary, but someone will post for sure on that.

Rob Regan

Thomas Dekany
02-28-2010, 12:14 AM
My first time with HD UNO

Very neglected paint, HD UNO and HD orange pad. 2 passes with my pcxp. My life as a detailer hasn`t been the same since that day. It is much easier now. :bigups:bigups:bigups

Before

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/tdekany/2008/2009/IMG_1808.jpg

After

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/tdekany/2008/2009/IMG_1809.jpg

imported_WCD
02-28-2010, 12:36 AM
Thanks for the info!

wn1998
02-28-2010, 08:18 AM
What pads do you guys use with the uno? I was thinking about the uno pads or just going with the LC hydro`s (5.5 inch variety). I know the HD pads come with the 4.75" backing plate and I was wondering if the 5.5" pads would work with that (Normal LC backing plate is 5")

Thomas Dekany
02-28-2010, 11:35 AM
What pads do you guys use with the uno? I was thinking about the uno pads or just going with the LC hydro`s (5.5 inch variety). I know the HD pads come with the 4.75" backing plate and I was wondering if the 5.5" pads would work with that (Normal LC backing plate is 5")

I use wool, orange, hydro, white, green, blue etc... It all depends on what you are working on. The larger pads should be fine, but as I said get the lc orange pads. And remember to use less product and work it long enough, which I sometimes forget to do but on the rotary it is ok. Just up the RPM. :)

imported_motoo344
02-28-2010, 08:15 PM
I use wool, orange, hydro, white, green, blue etc... It all depends on what you are working on. The larger pads should be fine, but as I said get the lc orange pads. And remember to use less product and work it long enough, which I sometimes forget to do but on the rotary it is ok. Just up the RPM. :)

Just ordered a bottle, excited to try it out. Any tips with working with this via pc or is it reasonably similar to working with with polishes?

Rez90
02-28-2010, 08:17 PM
subscribed.

Rtom
03-09-2010, 03:57 AM
Where does HD UNO fit on the abrasives chart?

From the pics tdekany posted it looks like it could be the miracle polish we`ve all been looking for... Seriously beautiful correction, I can`t stop staring :shocked

Thomas Dekany
03-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Where does HD UNO fit on the abrasives chart?

From the pics tdekany posted it looks like it could be the miracle polish we`ve all been looking for... Seriously beautiful correction, I can`t stop staring :shocked

I`d compare it to 105

bics56
05-06-2010, 09:38 AM
Have to wait till christmas to get a PC b/c of "more important" expenses. How will this work applying by hand?

imported_NRZ
05-06-2010, 09:44 AM
What`s it like working it into the paint? How long does it take to break down?

Thomas Dekany
05-06-2010, 10:09 AM
I wouldn`t do a whole car by hand with any polish, but UNO works very well. Tough waterspots come out with ease.

IT WORKS!

Thomas Dekany
05-06-2010, 10:10 AM
What`s it like working it into the paint? How long does it take to break down?

It has a long working time, the key is to use little product. What are you using it with?