PDA

View Full Version : Collinite 845 users.....have a question

Pages : [1] 2

Rez90
02-24-2010, 05:05 PM
I just got 2 bottles from Autogeek today. This is the first time i have ever purchased a collinite product.

Here`s my question.

How the Heck do you get it out of the bottle? The stuff is like paste and unless i squeeze the heck out of the bottle i don`t know how it comes out. It says shake well on it...but the stuff is like a solid....lol

Any suggestions from guys who use 845?

thanks.

baker
02-24-2010, 05:11 PM
I found the same with my first bottle. Shake the living daylights out of it and it gets almost like water, and stays that way.

Dsoto87
02-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Run the bottle under hot water. It will soften up to a complete liquid. If you want it to be a little thicker dont hold it under the water as long and than shake it up.

Pats300zx
02-24-2010, 05:36 PM
I like to put the 845 in a small tub of warm water for about 15 mins. Afterwards it is very easy to pour out of the bottle onto the applicator.

Furd
02-24-2010, 05:46 PM
I excountered a plug of thick, almost solid, product at the very top of the bottle. A solid squeeze expelled the plug. (I may have stuck something into the "neck" of the bottle to dislodge the plug.) It was good to go after a minute or so of shaking.

imported_BobbyG
02-24-2010, 06:02 PM
I softened / mixed a bottle much like mentioned above then transferred it to an AG squeeze bottle. This really makes it a pleasure to use and I can "squeeze" out just the right amount on a pad.

Barry Theal
02-24-2010, 06:27 PM
I have a quart bottle cap I transfer on to it. Colinites aren`t the best at packaging but Hands down they are a no BS company. There 845,915,and 476 are some of the best waxes in the world for protection and looks. Oh did I mention you can buy all three for under 100$ lol Enjoy the 845 its a great product.

willtothewong
02-24-2010, 08:58 PM
I like to put the 845 in a small tub of warm water for about 15 mins. Afterwards it is very easy to pour out of the bottle onto the applicator.

do you have to do that every time you want to use it? or do you just run it under hot water just once?

i too want to jump on the autogeek sale going on right now

craigdt
02-24-2010, 09:42 PM
Just shake it up like you are trying to make butter out of milk back when you were in kindergarten.

Except that this will work :D

I dispense it by holding your applicator up to the opening of the bottle and tipping it up. You just let the Collinite touch the applicator, you arent pouring it. Like how you would dispense rubbing alcohol onto a cotton swab.

akimel
02-24-2010, 10:25 PM
Push the plug back into the bottle and then shake the bejesus out of it--and then shake some more. The 845 will eventually achieve a creamy consistency, and then you`ll be read to rock & roll.

GoCubsGo
02-24-2010, 11:20 PM
Push the plug back into the bottle and then shake the bejesus out of it--and then shake some more. The 845 will eventually achieve a creamy consistency, and then you`ll be read to rock & roll.

Exactly what I did. I`ve heard some people compare the consistency you are aiming for after 845 is properly shaken is that of skim milk (maybe 1%, but that is splitting hairs) and I agree. Once you get there it will require additional shaking after storage, but nowhere near the same amount of time for the initial "stir".

corrswitch
02-25-2010, 07:07 AM
As everyone mentioned, shake it like crazy and push the plug at the tip opening back in.

One additional tip at least useful for me us to keep a thumb on the cap because the cap is not that secure and can fly off if you`re shaking rigorously.

It flew off for me but luckily did not hit the car :)

Lonnie
02-25-2010, 07:53 AM
I think Accumulator used a screw driver as a stir stick to mix his up. So if you find 845 too thick from your initial purchase, try stirring it up before you shake it.

And, yes, the cap DOES come off if you try to overtighten it. It seems to strip the screw theads in the cap and it never really tightens enough after that. Like corrswitch said, keeping a thumb over the cap is a manditory requirement to not slinging 845 all over the place when vigorously shaking the bottle.

ThomasC
02-26-2010, 06:01 AM
Interesting, are the bottles date coded?

GoCubsGo
02-26-2010, 08:03 AM
Interesting, are the bottles date coded?

Just took a look and didn`t see a date stamp. Then again my bottle has seen a lot of use so if the date stamp was just inked on it has long since worn off. Maybe someone with an unused bottle can chime in.