PDA

View Full Version : How do I achieve this type of shine?

ppastos
02-24-2010, 12:17 PM
I want to make my Q45 look like this Q45:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3578/3357021106_c11134230b.jpg?v=0

I know this is a brand new Q45 but I believe with some work I can achieve this.

I would like to know what kind of prep work and wax combo`s would yield such a look.

craigdt
02-24-2010, 12:46 PM
Any good polish and any good LSP will make it shiny like that.

Its all in the prep. In fact, You could get turtle wax to shine like that. For us to decide if that really

is a good finish, we need up close shots to determine if there is any swirls etc.

It also looks as if the lighting is pretty conducive to giving a nice shine.

richy
02-24-2010, 01:54 PM
It`s like that old, old line "How do you get to Carnegie Hall? The answer is "Practice, practice" What I`m saying is the answer is in the prep work on the paint getting it perfect. You will need to use some type of buffer, be it a DA or rotary to attain those results. The good news is that it is not really that hard to do.

Street5927
02-24-2010, 02:33 PM
I agree that alot of factors go into getting a finish like that such as the prep work, products used, etc. I also believe that the type of paint used(including if it is metallic) , how much base/clear was applied, and most importantly the color. However, I think that craig also has a great point...the lighting! I have a black car, and while it is on average 95%-98% defect free, and while it looks awesomely crisp, clear and wet in the sun, put it under the lighting near the gas pumps at the local convenient mart (here in PA we have Turkey Hill`s) at night and boy, does the reflection of the lights on the curves and lines of the car make it look dripping wet, makes the reflections incredible and makes the shine just "POP".