PDA

View Full Version : freedom one waterless wash

fullcollapse40
02-19-2010, 05:44 PM
I just got a sample of this stuff today. Used on the garage queen and the product seems incredibly oily. It cleaned pretty well, but I am sure any marring that was induced has been concealed by the oils. Has anyone else used freedom one ? Did you notice the same thing ?

dlocks
03-06-2010, 04:23 PM
I`ve used freedom before. I liked it and also noticed that it was a bit oily (not as oily as you seem to have experienced however), but i figured that was just the built in wax. I use HD Free now because it doesn`t contain any extra waxes, so if I want to add a separate layer of wax I can without worry. Plus it cleans better, IMO, and is cheaper.

Hope that helps a bit!

-Derick

fullcollapse40
03-06-2010, 06:18 PM
I just finished up the sample the other day. The second time I used it did not seem to be so oily. Not sure what was going on the first time.

Not a bad product in my limited experience but I will stick with CG ecosmart. $89 for a bottle of concentrate is a really nice price compared to 40 something a gallon for the freedom stuff.

dervdave
03-08-2010, 10:59 AM
There are loads of waterless washes each different although some are quite similar, try them all and use the one that suits you and your routine/methods.

I`ve 8 types at the last count but haven`t tried Freedom because its not readily available in the UK yet.:)

Waterless_Touch
03-11-2010, 04:00 PM
I`ve used Freedom One many times but not once did it ever seem to be oily. Have you tried again?

fullcollapse40
03-11-2010, 07:02 PM
well the sample is all gone now, not going to be buying any more.

But, I think what I thought was oils was just the kind of wax or polymers they use.

I tried HD free this past weekend. Loved the cleaning power, but the price is quite a bit higher than the CG ecosmart concentrate. Maybe I will use the HD free for the lower panels and the ecosmart for the not so dirty areas,

jhonebhrestom
04-27-2010, 06:21 AM
I don`t think we will be switching to a waterless wash exclusively, however I have an event coming up this weekend and will be using this product simply for the ease of the application and to really test out how the product works in some dirty situations.

Nicky Papers
06-05-2010, 05:49 PM
I`ve sampled all of Freedom`s products and these are my thoughts:

Freedom One: It`s a great product, but you need to be mindful of how much product you use! Light mists work much better than heavy. Let the product sit for a min or two as it emulsifies the dirt. Wipe clean with your moist microfiber, buff clean with a dry.

Original Formula: No significant differences from Freedom One.

Eco Tire Shine: There are better products for tires! As an interior spray it worked well. Also, the smell of this product (before Freedom changed it!) was amazing!

Complete Clean: The product worked extremely well on dirty cars. If you are placing a coat of wax on the car or compounding, starting with "Complete Clean" is fine. If it`s just a quick "wash", stick with Freedom One.

Big Leegr
06-07-2010, 09:21 AM
I`ve found that you need to be careful how much to use as it tends to dry and stick to the paint (And you don`t want to go scrubbing dirt across the paint). I think Nicky Papers` suggestion of using a damp cloth to wipe it clean then buffing with a dry cloth ofter is a better option than the directions. (I had used another spray and wiped it soon after to get the dried stuff off.)

I haven`t used it on well polished cars, so I can`t comment much on the marring, but for daily drivers that get polished once or twice a year, the end results were pretty nice. No noticable marring instilled, nice shine left afterwards.

JohnnyBoo
07-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Only product I have tried is No Wet Waterless. Works really good in moderation, but attracts bees like crazy. Have to carefull with hot windshields though, little squares at a time if your in the sun.

TAllyn
10-13-2010, 01:22 PM
I tried Freedom Waterless products. I actually contacted them telling them about my vehicle and that I was interested in their products shortly received a reply back asking for me mailing address. In couple days they sent me a bottle of everthing they sell and it worked well, but did not give me the level of perfection I was looking for. They cleaned my car well and it sure was easier then dragging out hoses and buckets. I`m now looking at other waterless/water less products as I think its they way to go. However I`ve gone back to the conventional methods of washing, preping, sealing and waxing for the time being and have gotten much closer to the results I desire and have am waiting for a GG 6" DA to arrive along with some Poorboys products. Though I beleive in the waterless/water less products I have a difficult time believing they can provide a car show level detail job, but are very usefull as a thurough of cleaning a detailing. Then again I`m no expert when it comes to detailing matter of fact though I`ve been in the habbit of detailing my own vehicles for over 30 years I still consider myself a rank amatuer so my results with Freedom products could have been from lack of skill and knowledge.

EcoAuto
11-02-2010, 02:09 PM
I have used Freedom products and Freedom only. The products work great other than in the heat on black..that can be a pain, but there are methods of getting it to work....dampening a microfiber with water as well as spraying the product on it..then coming back over w/ dry microfiber. Once a car has been done a couple of times w/ this product it works extremely well.

Freedom One - Doesn`t contain wax and easy for cleaning

Freedom Original - Contains Carnauba and Montan wax - Works really well on paint and wheels.

Tire Shine - Works Great - Always spray on first before doing anything else on the car.

Complete Clean - OMG!!! Such a great all around product..brake dust..interior stains..etc.

Plus their customer service is superior and Dave, owner and founder is very personal and cares about his clients. Helps promote his authorized dealers - web design, business cards..etc..