PDA

View Full Version : Bad idea to tape leather stitch?

danforz
02-16-2010, 08:45 PM
Hey guys,

Lets say your using the feather brush PC accessory to clean interior leather. I`m assuming it`d be a horrid idea allow that brush to go over interior leather stitch.

How do you combat this?

Will blue painters/electrical tape over the leather/stitch area be a bad idea?

danforz
02-18-2010, 04:36 PM
Any ideas?

Quality Leather
02-18-2010, 07:56 PM
I don`t think it is that big of a deal.

Lonnie
02-19-2010, 06:37 AM
Danforz:

Is it the large stitching like that found on the Audi Coupe that looks like a baseball glove`s stitching, or it is it just exposed fabric stitching found in some of the leathers used in higher-end cars??

I would think that you are correct in using a low-adhesive tape, but perhaps a more judicious (read that careful) use of the PC`s brush might be a better solution.

However, it`s ALOT easier said (by me) than done (by you).

danforz
02-20-2010, 05:53 PM
Danforz:

Is it the large stitching like that found on the Audi Coupe that looks like a baseball glove`s stitching, or it is it just exposed fabric stitching found in some of the leathers used in higher-end cars??

I would think that you are correct in using a low-adhesive tape, but perhaps a more judicious (read that careful) use of the PC`s brush might be a better solution.

However, it`s ALOT easier said (by me) than done (by you).

Lonnie,

Yes we are talking about the stitch thats found in high end cars. I agree that judicial use of the PC Brush is a must, but lets be honest we all make mistakes. And I`d rather them not be on a Aston Martin :-)

My fear is that "low adhesive" tape may not be the best for the leather and pull of some paint/skin. Or damage the very threading I am to protect with it.

Any experience here guys?