PDA

View Full Version : Estimate for big vehicles

Xcessiv
02-15-2010, 03:50 PM
I`m mainly detailing sports cars as a hobby and somebody asked me approximately how much I`d charge for his Chevrolet Avalanche.

By experience, how much more time in % do you spend on such a big vehicle in comparison to a Mustang or Corvette?

Xcessiv
02-15-2010, 03:55 PM
Ho, that would be for a full polish on a black truck w/ 99% correction.

9935annivgt
02-15-2010, 04:38 PM
I too detail on the side personally I start at 175 for something that big, but if it is swirled up and takes more than 4 or 5 hours I would think closer to 200. But I would detail the interior and glass, clean rims and dress the tires for that. that is just me and I would apply some type of sealant like opt. or Zaino. An avalanche you want to have plenty of trim product on hand for the plastic body cladding. I am not trying to get rich just make it worth my time and theirs.

LS1-MEX
02-15-2010, 04:46 PM
when i do a correction on a vehicle of that size and color i start at $500 not including interior.......

9935annivgt
02-15-2010, 06:54 PM
Man, I need to seriously up my skills in order to up my fees. I think I am pretty good but not that good yet. Classes anyone?

white gecko
02-15-2010, 09:02 PM
I too detail on the side personally I start at 175 for something that big, but if it is swirled up and takes more than 4 or 5 hours I would think closer to 200. But I would detail the interior and glass, clean rims and dress the tires for that. that is just me and I would apply some type of sealant like opt. or Zaino. An avalanche you want to have plenty of trim product on hand for the plastic body cladding. I am not trying to get rich just make it worth my time and theirs.

Thats wayyyyy low.

9935annivgt
02-16-2010, 05:42 AM
OK, I guess I should raise some prices and up the skill level some more so I will feel comfortable doing something like that.

mini1
02-16-2010, 08:06 PM
I always bill correction by the hour. I am not going to get punished for someone else not taking of their vehicle and washing it incorrectly. I used to do all flat rate, and I found I was going way over the estimated time and couldn`t charge any more because I was working on flat rate. The only flat rate services I do now are basic exterior and basic or complete interior (and I always see interiors in person before quoting anything, because they vary widely in time needed). My basic wash/vac touch-up service is normally flat rate too, unless someone trashes their vehicle.

Showroom Shine
02-20-2010, 03:45 PM
I always bill correction by the hour. I am not going to get punished for someone else not taking of their vehicle and washing it incorrectly. I used to do all flat rate, and I found I was going way over the estimated time and couldn`t charge any more because I was working on flat rate. The only flat rate services I do now are basic exterior and basic or complete interior (and I always see interiors in person before quoting anything, because they vary widely in time needed). My basic wash/vac touch-up service is normally flat rate too, unless someone trashes their vehicle.

This is good practice.I started this way and remain like this. To me every car is different. I tell every potential customer that I have to evaluate the vehicle before I give a price. If I get there and it`s worse than I was told. I tell them an increased price. Most comply because they know the vehicle is trashed. :bigups