PDA

View Full Version : pet peeves!

Pages : [1] 2 3

joyriide1113
12-23-2005, 10:39 AM
whats one of u`re pet peeves prior, during, or after detailing.

mine is not finding my hose next to the garage and having to go get it on the other side of the house.

water dripping while qd`ing.

getting a phone call while polishing...

GregCavi
12-23-2005, 10:56 AM
getting a microfiber wet is my biggest pet peeve.

or when people have really gross stuff in their car.

Greg

Beemerboy
12-23-2005, 11:02 AM
Dropping the clay bar..... :wink:
Cheap plastic sprayers that work for about 12 squirts then stop.... :no:
Products that don`t do what they say on the label... :bawling:
Someone standing around watching me while I`m working on a car... :eek:
Someone asking to help me then not doing the job the way I want... :whistling

I could go on..... :D

sharpie
12-23-2005, 11:14 AM
grabing the side of the door to close it after spending 6 hours polishing a BLACK truck :noexpress
any interuption wile using a PC
people who spray tireshine all over the driveway

JaredPointer
12-23-2005, 11:21 AM
Cleaning cars where the women who wear too much makeup, that then transfers to the gearshift & sterring wheel. Nasty. Bozo the clown`s car doesn`t even look that bad.

Mikeyc
12-23-2005, 12:49 PM
I have two pet peeves:

1. Dropping stuff on the ground, because then it has to be thrown out or cleaned before I can use it any further.

2. My dad coming out of the house (I use his driveway to detail) while I`m working and giving me "tips" on how to detail. Especially since he hasn`t washed his own car in at least 30 years and didn`t know what he was doing then.

Luster
12-23-2005, 01:59 PM
People who intentionally park their beater very close to my car, when I`m parked half a mile away.

hemin8r
12-23-2005, 02:43 PM
1) I hate it when clients ask me if they can help me detail their car to help reduce the cost, YEAH RIGHT!

2) Dropping stuff on the ground, I`ve been lucky this far with not dropping the clay bar. Yikes, just jinxed myself.

3) Clients that expect the shine to last over 6 months no matter how they take care of the car after the detail.

For right now that`s it. I`m sure I have more. Happy Holidays everyone!!

GregCavi
12-23-2005, 03:53 PM
1) I hate it when clients ask me if they can help me detail their car to help reduce the cost, YEAH RIGHT!

I forgot about that one.

- When people ask if they help woudl it be cheaper, i always say it will be more. haha.

- When people say, If I bring it to the car wash before I drop it off It will be less right? .... Again my answer is it will be more. haha

Greg

3Dog
12-23-2005, 05:22 PM
grabing the side of the door to close it after spending 6 hours polishing a BLACK truck :noexpress
any interuption wile using a PC
people who spray tireshine all over the driveway

Solutions for two of those:

http://www.microfiber-products-online.com/cck-2.html
wear these on your last step

http://topoftheline.com/driveway-mat-driveway-mate.html

Brenton
12-23-2005, 05:56 PM
d. All of the Above

Dozerboy
12-23-2005, 09:22 PM
People asking me "while I`m at I can do there`s next", then the look I get after I tell them what they would have to pay me.

bigron62
12-24-2005, 10:07 AM
girlfriend calling nonstop while im doing cars ,dropping clay, my assistant going crazy with the spray dressing $6.00 a can the kid goes nuts with the stuff .. his nickname is mr no-rub polish.. assistant using way too much product with the pc

joe.p
12-24-2005, 10:40 AM
girlfriend calling nonstop while im doing cars ,dropping clay, my assistant going crazy with the spray dressing $6.00 a can the kid goes nuts with the stuff .. his nickname is mr no-rub polish.. assistant using way too much product with the pc
Ron any comments on the no-rub polish. EX: how its used, where the product can be purchased. i realy like the look of the enginebay.

bigron62
12-24-2005, 10:54 AM
im not a p&s dealer and i dont sell detailing chemicals but this stuff rocks .. you have mail