PDA

View Full Version : Collinite 915 & Pinnacle Liquid Souveran

Rand
02-13-2010, 02:38 PM
About 1 week ago I waxed my silver Honda CRV with Collinite 915. It came out great but I could not leave well enough alone. I bought some Pinnacle Liquid Souveran(2 for 1 at autogeek), put on a coat of it today and the car looks even better. My question is; Did I mess up the longevity of the collinite wax by putting something over it? I confess I that obsess on this stuff. Please tell me the truth. I can take it!:LOLOL

Thanks

Rand

wfedwar
02-13-2010, 03:51 PM
You probably did.

Rand
02-13-2010, 04:28 PM
Are you implying I have no common sense because I don`t know if one wax will cover or remove another. Not too smart or polite of you to say this to someone about anything. Your answer of "you probably did" would have sufficed.

imported_detail1
02-13-2010, 04:36 PM
Are you implying I have no common sense because I don`t know if one wax will cover or remove another. Not too smart or polite of you to say this to someone about anything. Your answer of "you probably did" would have sufficed.

Take it easy, thats his profile quote. It wasn`t directed at u.

focus2069
02-13-2010, 10:42 PM
lmao @ the profile quote insult!!

imported_gungriffin
02-14-2010, 01:10 AM
ha ha it has been a while since I have seen this happen :)

I must have read the second post 5 times trying to figure out what was so offensive on the post before I realized that it was the signature :D

Accumulator
02-14-2010, 11:13 AM
Heh heh, and note that it`s a quote from Bence, who`s actually a nice, considerate guy! I look at wfedwar`s signature as, well...a test, like the signature that quotes SuperBee364`s quip about building a better idiot. I try to *not* let them apply to me :D

Rand- I guess it could work out either way, but unless you got really aggressive about the liquid Souveran (lots of product, aggressive application via machine, etc.), then I wouldn`t worry about it.

Yeah, I know, solvent-action, etc....but once certain waxes "set up" (avoiding saying "cure") they`re pretty tough. But OTOH, people have compromised 476S buy applying Souveran *paste* over top of it, so I guess only time will tell :nixweiss

I bet the liquid Souveran will start to get compromised and give the impression that things need redone, but that this will perhaps be *independent* of what`s going on with the underlying Collinite; I`ve had that happen with the Souveran paste over sealants.

Rand
02-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Thanks for your help

Rand

JohnKleven
02-14-2010, 12:41 PM
Even if it did slightly diminish the longevity of the Collinite, it looks better now. I use collinite regularly as our standard wax, but I don`t think it leaves a great shine, and it`s not very slick. It does offer pretty good longevity though.

John

wfedwar
02-14-2010, 05:37 PM

Like others mentioned, that wasn`t directed at you. It`s a humorous quote that I think applies quite often.