PDA

View Full Version : inepensive pressure washers?

rjcastr
02-11-2010, 05:40 PM
anyone know of a good inexpensive pressure washer that ill foam my car with the Gilmour foam gun

im looking for inexpensive but useful

regards,

vtec92civic
02-11-2010, 05:44 PM
so are you looking for a pressure washer that you can use a foam cannon with? Are you looking for gas or electric?

I currently use a craftsman pressure washer from sears. 2600 psi

I don`t use it as much as i use to but i do use it from time to time.

Price will depend on what exactly it is that you are looking for.

rjcastr
02-11-2010, 05:57 PM
yeah something i can use my foam gun and rinse the car rather quickly i think it will save time in the foaming washing overall, nothing too expensive but will get the job done!

vtec92civic
02-11-2010, 06:11 PM
well the foam gun primarily hooks up to your hose . . . . . i mean you can get connectors to hook it up to a pressure washer if you really wanted to but not sure how well that would work.

You might have to get a foam cannon instead.

I would go for a electric pressure washer if you need something portable or if you are more so stationary or have a truck then get a gas one.

rjcastr
02-11-2010, 06:17 PM
nahh just a small one to connect to my foam gun would be ideal i have to give it more thought i guess

vtec92civic
02-11-2010, 06:55 PM
if you want a small one . . . . . places like sears, lowes and home depot have some electric ones.

Last i checked costco also has a electric one as well.

bogi094
02-11-2010, 06:57 PM
Its not going to work as a foam gun cant really connect to a power washer. If you want that thick foam you will need to get a foam cannon- $100 at AG and it comes with the connector for your specific washer.

StadiumDetail
02-16-2010, 11:24 AM
I personally use a Husky gas powered I got from Home depot. I`d love to have the $1500+ units some of the major pros on this forum have but I just can`t justify the price. My Husky gets me 2.2gpm for $300 and I can generally get about 600 washes out of one, not too bad IMO.

Accumulator
02-16-2010, 12:55 PM
Its not going to work as a foam gun cant really connect to a power washer...

Yeah, the Gilmour foam gun is made to hook up to a regular garden hose, not a pressure washer.

Plus, IME inexpensive pressure washers are a waste of money, they simply don`t work for very long.

Dan
02-16-2010, 01:00 PM
Yeah, the Gilmour foam gun is made to hook up to a regular garden hose, not a pressure washer.

Plus, IME inexpensive pressure washers are a waste of money, they simply don`t work for very long.

Yep, the life span of an electric one in the $100-$300 range is only a few years. Buy one from a place with a generous return policy like costco.

Accumulator
02-16-2010, 01:33 PM
Yep, the life span of an electric one in the $100-$300 range is only a few years..

Or, IME, a few days longer than the warranty ;)

GlossyTundra
02-16-2010, 03:10 PM
anyone know of a good inexpensive pressure washer that ill foam my car with the Gilmour foam gun

im looking for inexpensive but useful

regards,

Check craigslist for some commercial units. Often you can find some well used commercial power washers (General/Comet/Cat pumps) and even worn out they will last longer than a new cheapie from a big box store.

I have 2 power washers with Honda motors and General Pumps, and one with an electric motor and a General pump, and they run like new....after 15years of farm use.

jb1
02-16-2010, 05:33 PM
I have a cheap electric Karcher from Costco because I had a Craftsman gas powered that died. Did I mention it was my last Craftsman pressure washer? My next one will be the one from Northern Tool with a Honda engine and Cat pump. IIRC it was around $700 so I`m holding out as long as possible.