PDA

View Full Version : APC suggetsions

Pages : [1] 2

9935annivgt
02-10-2010, 10:14 AM
I am looking for some APC suggestions for cleaning and would also love some suggestions on dillution ratios. I am looking primarrily for interior (dash, console) and rims and or engine. Thanks for any help you can give

BigAl3
02-10-2010, 10:29 AM
megs apc+ and it can be diluted from 10:1 (medium duty, interiors) - 4:1 (heavy duty strength). love this stuff and i`m on my 3rd gallon if that means anything...

Dan
02-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Megs APC+ is one of their best products. At 20:1 it is safe to use on leather, at 5:1 it is my go-to wheel cleaner. I use it at 20:1 on interiors and 5:1 on the outside of the car, the engine compartment, underbody, wheels, tires, etc.

vtec92civic
02-10-2010, 11:31 AM
I 3rd Megs APC. This stuff for you mainland folks is very price effective and works very well too!

imported_smprince1
02-10-2010, 11:36 AM
Another vote for Megs APC.

At 10:1 it`s very economical and suitable for most interior cleaning and surfaces. For tougher jobs you can go 4:1.

focus2069
02-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Megs APC here as well.

I prefer the APC "Plus" version..it smells alot better.

David Fermani
02-10-2010, 12:45 PM
I`ve been in love with Optimum Power Clean and recently had the chance to put it`s cleaning ability to test against Meg`s APC & Super Degreaser on a vehicle that was nearly 40 years old. OPC was noticeable stronger, easier to use and all around cleaned better. Tested it on the undercarriage, wheel wells, engine, wheels, tires and complete interior. The other person I was working with couldn`t believe the difference either.

AeroCleanse
02-10-2010, 12:59 PM
1z-einsett Blitz All-Purpose Cleaner Concentrate

Bunky
02-11-2010, 06:28 PM
I`ve been in love with Optimum Power Clean and recently had the chance to put it`s cleaning ability to test against Meg`s APC & Super Degreaser on a vehicle that was nearly 40 years old. OPC was noticeable stronger, easier to use and all around cleaned better. Tested it on the undercarriage, wheel wells, engine, wheels, tires and complete interior. The other person I was working with couldn`t believe the difference either.

I found Optimum can clean tire brown much better than Meg`s APC. It just seems chemically different than all the traditional APC`s in how it feels and woks. For example, when I spray OPC the tire does not seem to drip brown crud in the drippings like most APC`s but it spontaneously comes on with the rinse.

I keep Meg`s around for carpet and light cleaning since it is more cost effective so OPC is for the tough jobs.

D Tailor
02-11-2010, 06:32 PM
I`ve been using Top of the Line`s APC (TOL APC) for years. I like it a lot. It`s uber cheap too IIRC. Haven`t bought it in forever.

JohnKleven
02-11-2010, 06:53 PM
1z-einsett Blitz All-Purpose Cleaner Concentrate

Excellent choice.

John

David Fermani
02-11-2010, 07:22 PM
I found Optimum can clean tire brown much better than Meg`s APC. It just seems chemically different than all the traditional APC`s in how it feels and woks.

You`re totally right. This product ins`t like any other I`ve used.

Junebug
02-12-2010, 01:05 PM
Quote from David:

That wouldn`t happen to have been a Porshe - was it?

craigdt
02-13-2010, 11:41 AM
I use and love Megs APC+

Scottwax
02-13-2010, 12:14 PM
Another vote for Optimum Power Clean.