PDA

View Full Version : Griot`s Garage 6” RO OR Meguiars G110v2? Input Needed......

Pages : [1] 2

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
02-10-2010, 07:14 AM
Need to know from the people that have actually used these machines….

Even better if you have worked with both.

Again, please limit discussion to these two machines and 1st hand experience.

Thanks in advance..

Griot`s Garage 6” RO

OR

Meguiars G110v2

craigdt
02-10-2010, 09:27 AM
1st hand experience the the G110 V1

Nice and powerful, good ergonomics, and not too loud. Good solid construction and

no quality issues.

Thats basically it... Very solid machine. I wouldn`t hesitate to purchase the V2.

Accumulator
02-13-2010, 11:02 AM
Deep Gloss Auto Salon- Not having first-hand experience (never tried the G110v2 and my Griot`s is still NIB), I can only suggest that you track down the thread where Mike Phillips compared the Griot`s to..uhm...whichever machine he compared it to. I forget the details, but the Griot`s seemed *so* superior that I got one even though I already have a scad of perfectly good polishers.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
02-13-2010, 04:21 PM
1st hand experience the the G110 V1

Nice and powerful, good ergonomics, and not too loud. Good solid construction and

no quality issues.

Thats basically it... Very solid machine. I wouldn`t hesitate to purchase the V2.

Thanks Craig!!

Deep Gloss Auto Salon- Not having first-hand experience (never tried the G110v2 and my Griot`s is still NIB), I can only suggest that you track down the thread where Mike Phillips compared the Griot`s to..uhm...whichever machine he compared it to. I forget the details, but the Griot`s seemed *so* superior that I got one even though I already have a scad of perfectly good polishers.

Accum..... Can you do me a favor and find somethin` to "shine up"???:p Would love to hear your 1st hand opinion!

So far I am leaning towards the Griot...

BigAl3
02-13-2010, 04:36 PM

if you don`t like the Griot`s, you have 180 days to return it for a full refund. can`t get much better than that...

At Griot`s Garage, we want you as a customer for life. Everything you purchase from us comes with a lifetime guarantee against defect. We want you to enjoy our quality products for 180 days and have fun with them! If you don`t like it for any reason during this time, return it for a full refund or credit. After that, you`re covered with our lifetime guarantee against defect, in which we will either repair it, replace it, or credit your purchase price if we are able to do neither. Some items have a life span during normal use and they wear out. Our warranty does not include replacement of such items after normal use. Of course our guarantee doesn`t cover abuse... But you already knew that.

Customers for life. That`s our guarantee.

Old Tiger
02-13-2010, 05:09 PM
I am not a pro. I bought the Griots for the Customer for Life and the great reviews I read. I have used it a few times and have no regrets. It is more powerful than the other ROs. Hope this helps, but if Accumulator bought one, I think you can pull the trigger!

Slik560
02-13-2010, 10:42 PM
I had the original Griot`s 6", then I got the new version. Awesome. Power to spare. Easy to handle. it`s a keeper.

focus2069
02-13-2010, 10:48 PM
I chose the Griots over the Megs version because of the lifetime warranty.

they are both pretty much rebadged PC units, both great products and easy to use, but the warranty is why i chose the Griots unit.

Accumulator
02-14-2010, 11:00 AM
Accum..... Can you do me a favor and find somethin` to "shine up"???:p Would love to hear your 1st hand opinion!

Heh heh, with any luck it`ll be a long, long tme before I do any correction :D

But seriously, I figure that if you`re *not* springing for the Flex then you oughta go for the most power you can get, and the Griot`s seems to offer that. Plus there *is* that warranty to consider. And I can`t think of anybody who`s bought one and said they were dissatisfied with it.

if Accumulator bought one, I think you can pull the trigger!

Heh heh, I dunno about that...I`m a bit of a tool junkie :o I mean, what non-pro in his right mind needs !eight! polishers?!? And anyhow, I got the two Griot`s ones (3" and 6") as gifts ;)

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
02-20-2010, 09:16 PM
Heh heh, with any luck it`ll be a long, long tme before I do any correction :D

Lucky man!

Please stop showing off:D

But seriously, I figure that if you`re *not* springing for the Flex then you oughta go for the most power you can get, and the Griot`s seems to offer that.

I actually have the Flex:waxing:

I ended up getting the Megs G2

Accumulator
02-21-2010, 11:07 AM
I actually have the Flex:waxing:

I ended up getting the Megs G2

That should be a good combo :xyxthumbs

OSCFIT
03-02-2010, 09:33 PM
I have the meguiars g110v2 and its an awesome machine. Its very solid, when you apply a lot of pressure, it continues at the same speed, it doesn`t bog down. The meguiars 6" pads are very nice also. I used the machine with the meguiars 6" pads and LC 4" flat pads. Works beautiful. Just need to learn how to really get the swirls off haha.

Atlantic Euro
03-08-2010, 04:55 PM
I chose the Griots over the Megs version because of the lifetime warranty.

they are both pretty much rebadged PC units, both great products and easy to use, but the warranty is why i chose the Griots unit.

Neither of these machines had any commonality with the PC other than general design - definitely not a rebadge.

The previous Griot`s was very disappointing. The new one has had high reviews from a lot of folks including Mike Phillips, who is obviously very trustworthy.

G110v2 has also had a lot of accolades. I`ve heard some rumblings about quality, but not sure I`d trust that but so much.

That said, given the Griot`s appears to be $20 less ($129 vs. $149 for the G110v2) and has an epic warranty, I`d go that way all day long.

RyanFlemington
03-09-2010, 12:28 AM
They aren`t the same machine, for everyone who says they`re just PC clones. The meg`s has a 4.3A motor, and the Griot`s has a 7A motor. Given, amperage does not equate to power, but most motors use current with similar efficiency. The meg`s will use 491W of power, and the griot`s will use 840W of power. Assuming they work with fairly similar efficiency, the griot`s is more powerful.

LICamaro85
03-09-2010, 03:53 AM
I am also on the fence on these two DA`s. I like the griots for the power and the warranty but I like the megs for the fact that it keeps the same speed even when you apply pressure during polishing, unlike the PC that will actually stop spinning when you apply pressure. Does the griots stop spinning as well or is it like the megs that keeps the same speed no matter how much pressure is applied??

Thanks for the anwers,

- LI 85