PDA

View Full Version : minor paint chips and scratches.

krodista
02-09-2010, 08:48 AM
I had planned on having a 3M clear bra installed (still looking for an installer in Jacksonville, FL) for my brand new car, but have noticed a couple of tiny scratches and a few very minor paint dings, what is the best way of getting rid of the dings and scratches? I wouldnt mind having it scratches and dings professionally done, but I am sure that would cost a pretty penny. Is Dr Paint Chip my best bet? Anyone have experience with that? Can I wax over the paint repair that day, or do I need to wait for it to cure? I tried to do a search, but the search isnt going through today, so if this has been talked about, please forward links. Thanks all.

krodista
02-09-2010, 10:39 AM
ignore the paint chip repair parts as I was finally able to search and found most of the questions I was asking. I am however hoping that someone could point me in the direction of a place who would clean up paint chips and scratches and apply a 3M clearbra in the jacksonville, FL area. I want this to be done right and appreciate anything you guys may suggest.

JasonD
02-10-2010, 12:27 AM
If you`re looking for a detailer in your area, please use the "Find a Detailer" link at the top of the page, and post your request in the Southeast forum. You will get a better response that way.

Do you still need to know how to get rid of dings and scratches or are you just going to let a pro take care of it for you? Either way, the scratches require polishing and/or filling with touch up paint if they are deep enough, and the same goes for the chips.