PDA

View Full Version : Project SN65

Focusedonsound
12-22-2005, 07:07 PM
I thought you guys might enjoy this one!

I have been following this project since these guys started over a year ago. It is quite impressive what they have done.

They started with 2 cars a 1965 Mustang fast back, and a 2003/4 Mustang Cobra and from the 2 they have made 1. But they didn`t take the easy way out and just put an 04 motor and computer in this they took this to the next level!

They cut the body off of the 04 Cobra and grafted the 65 into its place. They then went as far as to give the 65 Interior the look of an 04 Cobra.

Well I don`t think my words could ever give this car the justice that its worth. They are just finnishing up the project now but for all of those intrested in checking it out.

check out www.sn65.com

LastDetail
12-22-2005, 07:24 PM
Man that is awesome. But really, YELLOW?!?!?!?

cwcad
12-22-2005, 07:49 PM
That is a nice meld of two vehicles. VERY NICE SOUND!! Brough me back to my high school days and the sound of the farm boys and there toy`s.

Thanks!!

Mikeyc
12-22-2005, 10:05 PM
Ummmm . . . if they wanted a car that looked like a 60`s Mustang, but drove like and had the interior of a late model Mustang . . . why didn`t they just buy the new one????

Seems like a waste of a great classic car that could have been restored if you ask me. Obviously a showcase of some great craftsmanship, but the point of it was lost on me.

Focusedonsound
12-23-2005, 10:06 AM
The car is actually entered in the show for the Riddler award. Weather it will win or not is a different story.

The reason for the project. They wanted to make a 65 mustang with the technology & power of a late model Cobra. That Mustang will be a huge sleeper and will be putting down somewhere around 450+ RWHP with all of the Engine Modifications that were done.

Their main goal was to make everything look factory like they bought the car off of a dealer lot! They have gone to the extent of making sure that the welds match those of a factory weld. Spot welding where they would spot weld in the factory. They have even put the thought of Using the original 2004 Door Lock cylenders and ignition.

With all the work that has been put into that car and how much time they spent on making every panel streighter than a door nail! You would have thought they would paint the car a Darker color (IE: BLACK) so that people could appreciate the body work that much more. however They chose Ford Chrome Yellow. Its already been registerd with the Yellow Mustang Registry as and Honerary Yellow Mustang. After talking to the guys who are building this car I found out the cost of the car was going to be somewhere around $150k however they have done this more to show thier skills and talents!

tubafeak
12-23-2005, 10:12 AM
They`re trying to win the Riddler with a $150,000 investment, it`s not going to happen unless they`re gods of fabrication. Stock parts, what`s that. The past couple of Riddler winners (Foose cars) have boasted near One Million dollar investments and have had nearly all of their parts custom fabricated. This car`s pretty impressive, but I don`t think it stands a chance for the Riddler without a lot more fab work put in.

With that said it`s one hell of a car and it will probably do very well on the auction block when it finally has made it`s initial show rounds.

Focusedonsound
12-23-2005, 11:11 AM
Tubafeak ... I couldn`t agree more and I think they even know that. They have mentioned many times that people have approaced them in regards to this but they don`t beleive that this is "Riddler award" material. However the people who have said that they have a good opertunity have also said that in the past all of the cars that have won Riddler in years past are all Street Rods where the posibilitys are endless. In this particular case here while there are a lot of factory parts I don`t think that there is a single piece that hasn`t been modified in some way shape of form.

And It wouldn`t suprise me if there was acutally more craftsmenship in some cases with this car than past riddler winners. Another thing that you should take into account here is that everything that was done to this car was done to make the car look 100% stock looking as if it rolled off a showroom floor. With out the Stock ford O/P paint!

Dozerboy
12-23-2005, 09:41 PM
I think it cool, but it’s kind of a joke thinking it would have a chance at the Riddler. I mean stock looking with spot welds? You shouldn`t even be able to tell if there is even a single weld on a Riddler. It defiantly shows there skill, but there is a total lack of creativity. It’s like comparing a hand sketched cartoon, to a coloring book.

Focusedonsound
12-24-2005, 10:51 AM
Don`t get me wrong I am not saying that it has a chance at such a large award. However I am guessing that if you were to have followed this car from the begining. Either which way I don`t agree with the part of the project lacking creativity. And by no means would I say that it would be like comparing a sketched cartoon, to a coloring book.