PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar UQD VS UQW on top of Zaino Z2 pro

lotus425
02-06-2010, 01:20 AM
I have 1silver, 1 yellow and 1 white late model vehicles which I wash on a weekly to biweekly basis. I use the zaino Z2 car polish on these cars with great shine and water beading capability. I am looking for a quick spray and wipe product after washing the car. I decided not to go with the Zaino CS spray due to its cost and being not available at nearby stores.

I came across two products which suit my needs within my budget. The Meguiar Ultimate Quick Wax spray and the Meguiar Ultimate Quick Detailer. Both claims to bead water relentlessly (which I love) and enhance shine while protect the paint surface.

My question is which is better in terms of water beading? Ultimate Quick Detailer or the Ultimate Quick Wax?

Which gets better shine? UQD or UQW?

Which does a better job as a spray on wipe off cleaning agent? UQD or UQW?

Many thanks for reading and answering my questions.

Thomas Dekany
02-06-2010, 02:45 AM
My answer is Z8.

TLMitchell
02-06-2010, 03:24 AM
My question is which is better in terms of water beading? Ultimate Quick Detailer or the Ultimate Quick Wax?

Which gets better shine? UQD or UQW?

Which does a better job as a spray on wipe off cleaning agent? UQD or UQW?

UQD has the better cleaning ability, UQW beads slightly better, definitely longer lasting and is incredibly slick feeling. Both produce a comparable shine, IMO. UQW is a keeper. I prefer to use Last Touch or Final Inspection for QD duties. YMMV.

TL

wannafbody
02-06-2010, 10:52 AM
Does UQW require hazing first? The nice thing about Z8 is that you just spray and wipe to a long lasting, high gloss, intense water beading, state of the art, technologically advanced, highly molecular bonded shine.

NSXTASY
02-06-2010, 01:19 PM
UQD would be similar to Z8, though I find UQD and UQW to be utterly poor products.

A: Out of the two for a spray and wipe, UQD. Use it very sparingly, otherwise it streaks. And shake well.

If you want something OTC, find Duragloss AquaWax or Fast Clean and Shine.

imported_01GreyStangGT
02-06-2010, 03:38 PM
UQW does not require hazing. Just spray and wipe until gone. It`s a good product. I never liked spray waxes until I tried it.

imported_agentf1
02-06-2010, 05:43 PM
My answer is Z8.

I agree, I like to stay within product lines.

wfedwar
02-06-2010, 06:04 PM
DG Aquawax is a good Z8 alternative.

lotus425
02-07-2010, 12:21 AM
Guess I will have to place an order with zainostore.com soon to stock up on Z8 and possibly the Z-CS. IT is a good idea to stay within the same product line because the products are designed to work synergistically for a reason. Having to pay tax, shipping, and figure in the wait time on top of the hassle of placing an internet order shows how loyal the detail community are to their products.

My conclusion from this post is the following.

Z 8 > Z-CS > Meg UQW > MEg UQD is my preferred order of spray and wipe product.

Alex T.
02-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Z-CS is WOWA, not spray and wipe. So the order would be Z-CS (and after it cures) > Z8 (or UQW, or UQD).