PDA

View Full Version : RX-7 guy from Pensacola, FL

DaleClark
01-29-2010, 05:07 PM
Hey guys -

I`ve been lurking every now and again on Autopia for a zillion years, finally made an account :).

I have a black `94 R2 RX-7 twin turbo, just did a freshening of the paint and body work and I`m trying to get it looking the best it ever has. Waxing has been one of those things where I know the principle, but it never looks quite right when done :). So, fixing to do some more reading on here and get busy :).

Anyhow, thanks for having such a great resource!

Dale

kaotikdt
01-29-2010, 06:24 PM
:showpics Welcome!!!!

DaleClark
01-30-2010, 09:50 PM
Ah! Forgot the cardinal picture rule! :)

Two pics - one is of the car before I started my body refresh adventure, next is halfway through the project. Was kinda scary to strip the car down THAT far.

What`s been done -

- Front and rear bumpers removed and painted by a shop.

- New headlight covers, painted by a buddy of mine and myself.

- New rear OEM Mazda mud guards, painted by myself and buddy

- Repainted rear hatch (again, me and friend)

- Installed Mazda Japan `99+ OEM sideskirts, painted by a shop

- Replaced dented driver`s front fender with JDM fender (only difference is cutout for side marker)

- Cut hole in passenger fender for sidemarker, running new JDM side markers

- Realigned the front panels of the car, body gaps were all squirrelly.

- Had local paintless dent removal shop rub out all the dents, did a GREAT job there.

Still left to do -

- I have a nice RE-Amemiya Japanese spoiler that`s going on, just got a wet sand and hopefully will get the final buff tomorrow

- Reinstall Mazda winged-M badges front and rear

The car is looking GREAT, can`t wait until it`s 100% again!

I`ll have to get DONE pics up too for you guys :).

Dale

RDAVEX7
01-30-2010, 10:13 PM
Nice, good luck with the project! Im going to bring my 7`s out of hibernation soon.

SurfWagon
02-04-2010, 12:58 PM
I like it. I`ve got a 91 Miata with significant acid rain damage to the paint, and a few minor door dings. I`m thinking of doing a strip/fix/repaint in the near future.

rdorman
02-04-2010, 01:47 PM
Those cars where a ball to drive. Keep up the good work and post the final results.

vtec92civic
02-04-2010, 03:46 PM
oh man a FD! Another one to add to my want to own cars LoL. Those things are sick and well yours looks great.

Some polishing and a nice sealant or coat of wax will set that thing off.