PDA

View Full Version : ONR....did i use it correctly?

Rez90
01-28-2010, 11:40 AM
So my vette needed a wash badly and i found a little free time the other day. I decided to use ONR for the first time. I used 2 buckets. One with 2oz of ONR in it and the other fresh water. I used a few microfiber towels to do the washing and dry microfibers to dry the car...

The product seemed to work well. But the only thing i noticed was that the water in the "clean" bucket didn`t seem to get dirty. The dirt i wiped off the car seemed to stay on the microfibers...

Also, the water with the ONR was just a light blue....no suds....

Did i use the product correctly?

Scottwax
01-28-2010, 11:53 AM
You aren`t supposed to have suds with no rinse. Some wash medium will get dirtier than others when using ONR. I use MF covered foam pads and even after washing several cars in a row, the surface isn`t very dirty. I don`t use the two bucket method, so I can`t comment on the rinse bucket.

If you washed like this, you did it right.

YouTube - Washing a Cayenne with ONR (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLIGQ5hTnj4)

Spike73
01-28-2010, 12:00 PM
Yes, you are using it correctly. There are no suds with ONR. And I used it for the 1st time the other day, and I too had all the dirt stuck to my wash mitt, and not much in the ONR + water wash bucket. I used a grit guard as well in my bucket to get the dirt off the mitt better (scrub it against the grit guard to loosen the dirt). I had a tough time getting my wash mitt clean after using it with ONR. I ended up using some Gain laundry detergent, and my mitt is now pretty clean, with only a few stains on it.

Rez90
01-28-2010, 12:04 PM
Thanks much.

efnfast
01-29-2010, 09:58 AM
I`ve found mf towels to be my best - minimal dirt retention. Once it gets stained more than I`m comfortable with, I typically wash it out with Palmolive (natural, no phosphates/scents/etc...)

Dan
01-29-2010, 12:25 PM
The stuff that stains the mitt is just oily grime. It sticks to the wash media and the sides of the bucket. the actual dirt drops down to the bottom of your bucket. I too only use one bucket, faster, easier and no marring.

kaotikdt
01-29-2010, 01:03 PM
Re: ONR....did i use it correctly?

The stuff that stains the mitt is just oily grime. It sticks to the wash media and the sides of the bucket. the actual dirt drops down to the bottom of your bucket. I too only use one bucket, faster, easier and no marring.

Correctly and all of the above are correct too. Scott knows this too! so look into his videos or threads!!

I use the 2 bucket method just because I want to keep my ONR as free of soils as possible. Is just a matter of preference, it works for me.

efnfast
01-31-2010, 12:14 AM

I`m not so sure about that. It may depend on the media, but when I used those microfiber tenticle mits, pre-wash (brand new mitt) I`d cd test it aggressively. No marring. Post-wash (after rinsing it out) i`d aggressively re-test, and I`d find slight marring. Not a lot, and given how soft a cd is you probably wouldn`t notice it on any clearcoats but something super soft like a g35 or bently, but still more than pre-wash.

After washing out with palmolive, better.

I stopped using the tenticle mitts though because they`re such a pain to wash out, versus a mf towel.

tkc
01-31-2010, 01:01 AM
i tried using one bucket, but the ONR water mix gets really dirty brown, obviously, because the vehicle is really dirty.. But i dont like dipping back into that nasty lookin bucket, even if it is ok, and the particle are at the bottom of the bucket. So I try to use 2 buckets when I can...

I also use a tile grout sponge to wash with, havent tried using a MF.. Might have to, see how it works for me...