PDA

View Full Version : Locating a professional

KrikIROC
01-27-2010, 08:30 PM
I need to find an expert in automobile detailing, specifically exterior. I don`t mind spending a bit extra to get exactly what I want. I live in Tulsa, OK and the directory doesn`t have anyone with any post history to see thier work style.

What I hope to gain from this post is a set of questions and answers that I could pose to someone over the phone and gauge thier expertise by the answers given. My car is 20 years old, but was repainted 6 years ago (Paint and Cleared professionaly). It is a Camaro IROC 1LE. I have these areas on the doors that have marks from where the decals used to sit. I would like these areas repaired/cleaned. I also want the whole car`s paint cleaned and waxed. Basicaly I want it to look really freaking good.

Please help me to find a detailer in my area that is truely someone who cares about his craft and not just a car-wash jockey.

I have had back surgery so please, no "Just learn to do it yourself" comments. I do my interior, but I just cannot stay bent over for very long.

Thank you

craigdt
01-27-2010, 09:02 PM
I know there are several good OK guys here.

And dont be suprised if their answers to your questions are

complicated and maybe over your head! Us Autopians are a bit weird...

Best wishes

KrikIROC
01-28-2010, 04:39 PM
I know there are several good OK guys here.

And dont be suprised if their answers to your questions are

complicated and maybe over your head! Us Autopians are a bit weird...

Best wishes

I don`t mind not understanding, i just want to find someone who cares as much for my car as I do...even if i have to pay for that care. I know there MUST be some of those guys in Tulsa, I just need the communities help locating them.

Don`t make me beg here.

craigdt
01-28-2010, 08:16 PM
http://www.autopia.org/forum/midwest-usa/123231-tulsa-oklahoma-detailers.html

found that guy in the regional section. Dont know anything about him.

KrikIROC
02-03-2010, 09:37 PM
So much for getting a warm welcome here.

Peace out

Setec Astronomy
02-03-2010, 09:43 PM
Hey, don`t give up so fast. What you need to do is post in the appropriate regional forum ( http://www.autopia.org/forum/midwest-usa/ ), and put your location in the thread title, something like "Detailer Needed Tulsa OK Area".

As far as the decal marks, were the decals taken off after the repaint? Because if they are marks under the new paint job (decals removed prior to repaint), probably won`t be fixable by detailing methods.

craigdt
02-03-2010, 10:42 PM
I searched and gave you a name, which is apparently more work than what you did. You cant go through life expecting everyone to do all the

work for you...

Your welcome, by the way.