PDA

View Full Version : which filler/polish to use under optimum opti-seal?

ben1142
01-27-2010, 03:33 PM
HI,

If I wanted to hide a few very light swirls and used a polish with some fillers in it. which would you recommend to use if I was then applying a coat of Opti-seal over the top?

I`m aware that Opti-seal is very heavily solvent based and am worried that it would remove and fillers, resulting in the filler bit being pointless/

I`ve just brought a brand new VW Polo (after only having old cheap cars), I want to look after it correctly, so had a professional to detail it, it looks super shiny. However I`m aware that no matter how gentle I am washing the car (snowfoam, 2B method) I`m going to get the odd swirl. Hence wanting a filler polish to keep the immaculate finish untill next summer for another machine polish, once over.

Regards

Ben

Dan
01-27-2010, 04:23 PM
DWG works well with UPGP so I don`t see why it wouldn`t work with Optiseal, but since DWG is no more....

Obsessive
01-27-2010, 04:32 PM
Optimum Poli Seal looks great under OS and it has some nice filling abilities.

ben1142
01-27-2010, 05:11 PM
Optimum Poli Seal looks great under OS and it has some nice filling abilities.

Thanks for that. I`ve just been reading up about it, for some of the uk suppliers. Sounds just the just as it clearly states that it can be used by hand and corrects fine swirls and that is just what I`m looking for.

Makes sense as well that optimum would make their products compatible.

Regards

Ben

ben1142
01-28-2010, 10:58 AM
I`ve been doing some more research and have been looking at poor boys black hole.

This also say`s that it can be applied by hand. Has anyone had any experience of this product, especially in a comparison with optimum poli-seal?

Regards

Ben

Thomas Dekany
01-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Poli Seal with a machine supposed to be worked until the pad starts grabbing. If you follow that direction, Poli Seal will remove swirls and/or show you what the paint really looks like. However, if you stop polishing a little sooner (as soon as it is gone from the paint) it can hide very well. m2c

ben1142
01-28-2010, 03:19 PM
Poli Seal with a machine supposed to be worked until the pad starts grabbing. If you follow that direction, Poli Seal will remove swirls and/or show you what the paint really looks like. However, if you stop polishing a little sooner (as soon as it is gone from the paint) it can hide very well. m2c

Thanks ever so much. that`s great.

Yes it is the red Polo. I tried to post the link to the pictures on detailing world, but realize the moderation have to ok it first. I`ve had the car now 6 days and clock up 750 miles... Been trying to get the break in period done correctly but quickly.

Regards

Ben

superchargedg
01-29-2010, 06:06 PM
Bilt-hamber`s auto-balm hides very well.....if you follow the instructions.It also gives some serious protection for quite awhile.

dublifecrisis
01-29-2010, 08:37 PM

this is what I was going to say. Slow the speed down and don`t work it quite as long as you normally would and poli-seal will add some decent filling. High speed and extended working time will exhaust whatever polishing power it has.

ben1142
01-30-2010, 02:28 PM
thanks to all for the replies.

I gone with optimum poli-seal. I`ve been very impressed by the opti-seal so it make a lot of sense to use the polish/filler that optimum produce. Therefore I shouldn`t have any compatibility problems.

Regards

Ben

Oh one final question, on detailing world you can thank people for their answers by clicking a `thanks` icon at the bottom. Am I right in thinking the equivalent is the `dig this post` icon?

IkeRay
01-31-2010, 01:26 AM
thanks to all for the replies.

I gone with optimum poli-seal. I`ve been very impressed by the opti-seal so it make a lot of sense to use the polish/filler that optimum produce. Therefore I shouldn`t have any compatibility problems.

Regards

Ben

Oh one final question, on detailing world you can thank people for their answers by clicking a `thanks` icon at the bottom. Am I right in thinking the equivalent is the `dig this post` icon?

not really, I don`t think there is rep on autopia via posts. digg is more related to digg.com (go visit if you`re bored) which is a media portal for various web happenings.