PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Wheel Polish Question

spencer785
01-27-2010, 12:48 AM
Hi there just wondering I have some aftermarket 22" chrome bonetti wheels. Just wondering theres some brake dust and other marks on them that won`t come off with cleaners have tried eagle one atoz and p21 gel. I guess the best thing would be to polish them what polish would you guys recommend. I have mothers chrome polish, optimum metal polish, eagle one metal polish, p21s polishing soap and megiuars chrome polish. Do you think any of these are good to use or should I buy something else. Thanks in advance for the help

vtec92civic
01-27-2010, 02:00 AM
do not use the p21s polishing soap as that stuff is really abrassive and will probably scratch your rims.

You seem to have a nice variety of polishes. First off clean the rims. After they are clean and dry try taking a claybar to the rim to see if those brake dust spots will come off . . . . if that works proceed to polishing up the rims real quick and sealing them with yopur favorite wheel wax, sealant or wax of choice.

Post pics for a little more help so we can see

BobD
01-27-2010, 06:42 AM
It`s perfectly fine to use on chrome and does a great job. I`ve used it all the chrome on my motorcycle without any problems.

beachcities
01-27-2010, 09:05 AM
in my opinion, the new "chrome" aftermarket wheels are so thin. a couple heavy polishings and the copper layer starts to show through. do the job right one time, then keep them extremely clean, and use a sealant as often as you can.

spencer785
01-27-2010, 04:51 PM
okay and when applying the polish to do guys recommend a microfiber or applicator pad or what. Thanks

spencer785
01-28-2010, 02:42 AM
okay I have come down to these to use because I have heard there the best p21s polishing soap and optimum metal polish what one do you guys think is the best one of these or the one of the first ones I mentioned in my first post. Thanks

DM101
01-28-2010, 06:30 AM
I use Deep Chrome. Works well for me. Deep Chrome (8oz.) in All Products - www.deepfinish.com (http://www.deepfinish.com/chrome/)

Jim D.
01-28-2010, 12:09 PM
Try the Mothers Chrome Polish you have already -- it`s very mild.

Use a quality microfiber applicator or towel (not a cotton terry) and you`ll be fine. A PowerBall will also be fine.