PDA

View Full Version : ONR newbie question

focus2069
01-26-2010, 07:22 PM
Ok, so I just got my first bottle of Optimum No Rince (ONR).

The instructions say to just add an ounce to 2 gallons of water, soak a MF towel in it and wash the car....and dry each section as you go along

is that all there is to it? This is obviously for a car not caked in road crap....

how do yall use it?

AeroCleanse
01-26-2010, 07:24 PM
That`s the way I do it, but I use a MF wash mitt. It works on cars that are pretty nasty. Probably not good at caked on mud though.

gdal
01-26-2010, 07:25 PM
That`s all there is to it, but I strongly recommend you using a pressure washer to blast the caked on salt/crap before you use it.

You`ll be pleased with the results!!

focus2069
01-26-2010, 07:47 PM
no road salt here in Texas.

Was going to use the wash mits I got with my wash buckets...

Detailing Bucket Gifts (http://www.chemicalguys.com/Professional_Auto_Detailing_Bucket_With_Grit_Guard _p/acc_101.htm)

picked up 2 of these bad boys....I like`em, and havent even used them yet, lol.

Obsessive
01-26-2010, 07:49 PM
I only use 1 ounce per 2 gallons of water with ONR. As mentioned above, spray off caked on mud first and then use the No Rinse. I also use a wash mitt with it.

TNWIII
01-26-2010, 08:55 PM
I use 2 ounces for 2 gallons of water, just to be safe, and the product works great.

For heavy stuff you can possibly try pre-treating the vehicle by spraying the car down with ONR in its Quick Detail mix, and them wash using the standard ONR process.

I have found recently that ONR does not break down the brine solution used locally on our roads during the winter and have reluctantly changed over to a more traditional wash method using DP`s Extreme Foam Auto Shampoo, with good results.

jopa489
01-27-2010, 12:13 AM
I use the Lowes grout sponges with ONR with tremendous results. As said, blast off any loose dirt first.

focus2069
01-28-2010, 04:55 PM
WOW.

Just used it for the first time today!

Nothing less than amazed at this. I have never in my life washed and dried a vehicle so fast in my life.

On top of that, when i told my wife what I was going to do (its raining outside, but I havent washed the car in 2 weeks) she game me the WTF? :think: look. :LOLOL

She was like, why cant you wash cars like NORMAL people do...lololol :wow: