PDA

View Full Version : Detailing in a dust free environment

AntonV
01-26-2010, 03:55 PM
I recently got a flex for the holidays, and will be doing a full exterior detail at the end of the winter.

I winterized my 09 135i by hand a few months ago. I will never do that again!

My main problem is my garage. It has accumulated 27 years of misc junk and lots of dust. During my last clay/polish/sealant/wax, I was constantly battling dust accumulating on the panels. A mf towel/ qd solved the problem along the way. I just felt that all of the dust can and will lead to a big problem during a detail.

There is no way, I can get the garage dust under control. I would have to power wash the whole garage, which means emptying it out, and probably ruining the sheet rock.

Obviously, I prefer to do it indoors, and not outside, for the obvious reasons (wind/pollen/heat/sun)

i was thinking of getting this: Enclosed Car Canopy 10x10 (http://www.acecanopy.com/car-enclosed-canopy-10x10.html)

Does anyone go through a big process like this? Assembling, all of the work on the car, then breaking it down? What about some advice on quickly making the air quality better in the garage? Fans, throwing a tarp over the work area?

The garage is big. Holds 2 cars and my motorcycle.

All of your info will be greatly appreciated.