PDA

View Full Version : Want to learn!

Greymare
01-26-2010, 01:13 PM
Hello All! ,

I want to learn more about machine polishing and such. I only want to do it for myself. I have a good job and have no desire to change my career. I just have trust issues after the one and only time I turned someone lose on my cars with a buffing pad. The end result was left over wax all over ever crack and sanding scratches. I am still left with these reminders as well as lighter in the wallet. I love my cars even though they don`t get the cleaning treatment that they need all the time(which will change thanks to this site) I would like to do it right when I do it.

I would like to find a school in North Alabama or south Tennessee. I am also a fast learner so I am good with purchasing a DVD as long as it show me the right way to do it. Can any of you point me in the direction of a DVD that you would trust to give me the basic rules or a class in this area?

Thanks for all of your time and help to point a newb to the proper knowledge. :bigups

Apollo_Auto
01-26-2010, 01:29 PM
Being here is the right place to start and countless hours of reading will also help. BUT your best friends are Trial and Error. Go to the junkyard and buy some scrap panels and burn through them (it`s fun :D) then learn from it. Good luck!

- Jesse

Greymare
01-26-2010, 02:50 PM
I have plenty of old cars lying around to do some testing on. I know I could spend hours reading here and have done a good bit already. I was just hoping for something to help save the cost on materials with trial and error. I know the cost of some of the materials can get high and would rather spend the time on my car. I do also understand that I am not going to be perfect at this on the first shoot or maybe not the 5th shot but I will get it at some point. Thanks for the idea Apollo. I will screw up some of the old car hoods and fenders I have lying around.

KC@detailien
01-27-2010, 02:30 AM
HI

pay a visit to my blog

i documented all my attempts (trials & error)

Car detailer (http://thedetailers.blogspot.com)

have fun like what Mr apollo advise u

you should read his work.......its amazing

Greymare
01-28-2010, 09:30 AM
Thanks KC`s. I looked around you blog for a little while yesterday. I would still like some type of DVD or PC software that someone can tell me I am not buying some crap. I will test what I learn before I ever try it on anything of importance. I have some basics but would like to see what is the proper way for sure.

Thomas Dekany
01-28-2010, 03:19 PM
To say that just because 1 hack worked on your car now you don`t trust any detailer is....

My suggestion is to get a flex 3401 polisher. Very safe and will do 95% of what the rotary does and you can learn to use it in 2 minutes warching a video on you tube.