PDA

View Full Version : 2010 tahoe, what to get

dyolfchas
01-25-2010, 03:20 PM
Hey everyone,

-I have a 2010 Black Tahoe and want to know what kind of polisher, polish, wax, clay and such I should be using on the factory paint.

-Have not polished or clayed it since i took ownership two months ago, due to the cold crappy weather in Cleveland.

-I have only waxed it. I would love to know what kind of equipment and polishes, clays, waxes, ect i would be using. Any help is much appreciated!

-Charlie

tssdetailing
01-25-2010, 03:28 PM
pretty open ended question, i could list every item in my arsenal, that`s like $3000 worth of stuff though!

Flex 3401 polisher

orange pad, white pad (i like the Lake Country Kompressors)

Adams or Mequire`s compound, polish and wax

craigdt
01-25-2010, 09:42 PM
Polisher: Meguiars G110

Polishes: Meguiars M105/205

Pads: 4" Lake Country Orange, White and Black

Wax: Poorboys Nattys Blue or Ultima Paint Guard Plus or Pinnacle Souveran

Clay: Clay Magic Blue or Mothers Yellow Clay

levander
01-26-2010, 12:53 AM
See? Another guy who thought this was gonna be easy... :o

tabootim
01-26-2010, 02:53 AM
Polisher: Meguiars G110

Polishes: Meguiars M105/205

Pads: 4" Lake Country Orange, White and Black

Wax: Poorboys Nattys Blue or Ultima Paint Guard Plus or Pinnacle Souveran

Clay: Clay Magic Blue or Mothers Yellow Clay

I`m a newb too and after I bought a whole bunch of stuff I didn`t need and don`t use...... this is pretty much exactly what I have with the exception of bfwd/S100 for my lsp.... Oh yeah buy some onr it makes care of a large black car ALOT easier

tonyS
01-26-2010, 11:04 AM
Harbor freight buffer, megs swirl remover

AeroCleanse
01-26-2010, 11:06 AM
The HD kits are very nice

StadiumDetail
01-26-2010, 03:12 PM
The HD kits are very nice

x2

If you need everything then start with a kit, whichever you choose, they are designed for this exact need. Once you use up the product that came with the kit then you should have a good idea of what you want to try next, assuming you are still watching the forums.

The only advice on which kit I can give is if you can spare the cash for the flex it is a far better machine than the PCXP or G110v2. All three have uses and all three will get the job done but the flex can do everything the others can plus some.