PDA

View Full Version : Protecting faux chrome trim on Acura 2010 TSX

emaxxman
01-25-2010, 09:26 AM
I know the chrome trim on the car is not real chrome. I guess it`s plastic with a chrome look finish - grill, window trim

Can I use Klasse Aio and SG on it? Will the AIO, being a polish, damage the finish? I`m fine with using just SG if that is the case. I also have NXT, EX-P, and OCW.

I have the same trim on my Honda Odyssey and want to start sealing them to protect them as well.

I know the AIO is chemical polish only. Just want to make sure the chemical cleaners won`t harm the plastic finish.

imported_Satinsilver
01-25-2010, 09:40 AM
I remember one of the top notch detailers on here(Jason from Deep Gloss detailing) uses Duragloss #501. Its actually an RV/boat cleaner & sealant that he swears by. You can google his website to see some of his work.

acc1079
01-25-2010, 10:33 AM
Any chemical polish (aio) will work fine on it. I use KAIO all the time on that type of "chrome", and it works wonderfully. For protection, I just put whatever I am using on the car, on the "chrome" trim as well.

Accumulator
01-25-2010, 11:43 AM
I use the Klasse twins on "chromed plastic", works great. I`ve even used *HEAVILY* layered KSG to retard the peeling on a few of the Jag`s pieces where the coating has cracked (hey, it`s a garage-queen so that`s sufficient).

This is my #1 approach for such surfaces (and the oh-so-fragile clear anodizing on Audis too), but note that it might not be the ultimate in appearance; it does give the Klasse signature look, namely, like it has a layer of clear plastic over top of it. If looks matter more than protection I`d go along with the KAIO + [attractive topper] advice.