PDA

View Full Version : Whats a better wax Zymol Carbon or HD Poxy

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

ppastos
01-24-2010, 07:44 PM
I have a 1993 Infiniti Q45 and this car is a detailer nightmare because the paint is not at its best. And I say that because I am a perfectionist when it comes to this car and this car alone. The paint on this car was the best for its time (lasts 10 years without wax when new).

I have a friend who likes nothing but Zymol and he has tried almost every wax out there. I have researched a lot and I do see that Zymol is a very good product to say the least. I have tried Meguiars NXT 2.0 and its worth every penny but I need something that sheets water like crazy and is as deep as the Grand Canyon.

I see that you guys love the HD Poxy because it seems to be the cure for everything because its a hybrid wax. I would like to try it out but I want to see what you guys think before I buy it, I live off this sites reviews.

So I need a cheap wax (Less than $60), that sheets water (No water beading), Is deep like the Grand Canyon and lasts for more than a month.

I can provide pictures if needed, Thanks for a great site.

nrengle
01-24-2010, 08:20 PM
I`m sorry but whoever told you that a paint doesn`t need to be waxed for 10 years, was probably trying to sell you a bridge somewhere too. Depth doesn`t come from the wax alone, you need proper polishing, claying, and washing to go with that wax. I`d start reading this site and go from there.

ppastos
01-24-2010, 09:16 PM
I managed to find the brochures on the car and I have been reading them. God help you if anyone replies with that quote from the begging of "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift". But in the brochure it said that and I doubt they would lie about it because the car is in great shape for its age but its not Ferrari.

I already did wash, clay and then applied the NXT on but I need better.

Anyone else please?

Thomas Dekany
01-24-2010, 09:31 PM
I have used both and POXY looks very good but it will bead. It has carnauba in it. Carbon is a fine wax as well. Look wise POXY, but you may want a pure sealant for sheeting.

ppastos
01-24-2010, 09:37 PM
So Poxy seems like a winner I may have to try then.

So when I detail the car again this Summer (I live in New England) I should: Wash, Clay, Polish, Wax and apply sealant?

I know sealant lasts about a week well maybe a little more but if it does all the stuff I want then its worth it. :)

Thanks for the help.

Thomas Dekany
01-24-2010, 09:42 PM
So Poxy seems like a winner I may have to try then.

So when I detail the car again this Summer (I live in New England) I should: Wash, Clay, Polish, Wax and apply sealant?

I know sealant lasts about a week well maybe a little more but if it does all the stuff I want then its worth it. :)

Thanks for the help.

Where do you get that sealants last about a week?

wash

clay

polish

sealant (first)

wax (top the sealant)

This should give you several months, but wax often. You can`t have too much protection.

ppastos
01-24-2010, 09:44 PM
I heard of people putting sealant on last, They were the ones that said it lasts a couple of weeks at most. I was being sarcastic but I have to forget I am talking across the internet.

But I read some reviews on the sealants like 3M, Zaino and some others and everyone says the "Water Beads" on there cars and doesn`t sheet.

Like I said I want something that sheets water. I saw a video of a guy drying his ca with water and I got jealous. Plus it would be fun driving on the highway when raining out once in a while and seeing the water just fly off the paint. My windows do that with Rain-X but I want to match that with the paint too.

mixmaster209
01-24-2010, 09:48 PM
Some sealants can last 6 months. Some waxes like Collinite are also extremely durable. However...Apply sealant before wax. Let the sealant bond to the paint by allowing it to set on the paint for 6-12 hours. Then apply Wax. Its almost like a double protection, and i`m sure you`ll get incredible depth from your paint after all this.

Good luck.

AeroCleanse
01-24-2010, 10:09 PM
Like I said I want something that sheets water.

Optimum Opti-Seal

ppastos
01-25-2010, 04:35 PM
I might try Optimum Opti-Seal because I am open to idea`s and its not 3K dollars. But I think I have found the perfect combonation:

Collinite 476S for durability and water sheeting (From what I heard this is more of a sealant).

And Zymol Carbon for nice smell and great shine (And because its a true wax).

I heard that Collinite produces "holograms" when layered is that true?

Thanks everyone so far you have been great.

Thomas Dekany
01-25-2010, 04:54 PM
I might try Optimum Opti-Seal because I am open to idea`s and its not 3K dollars. But I think I have found the perfect combonation:

Collinite 476S for durability and water sheeting (From what I heard this is more of a sealant).

And Zymol Carbon for nice smell and great shine (And because its a true wax).

I heard that Collinite produces "holograms" when layered is that true?

Thanks everyone so far you have been great.

Not True!

What that means to me is that the product wasn`t wiped off properly.

ppastos
01-25-2010, 04:56 PM
Well thats great thanks for the confirmation.

If anyone has a better setup please let me know.

Thomas Dekany
01-25-2010, 05:08 PM
Well thats great thanks for the confirmation.

If anyone has a better setup please let me know.

We all have a setup - better? who knows but you should just do what you mentioned.

Jokeman
01-25-2010, 07:52 PM
For New England area.......845IW rocks. I have had great luck with it in the winter.

ppastos
01-25-2010, 08:12 PM
Well Collinite seems hands down the best wax (or is it a paint sealer?) for water sheeting/durability hands down. But if its not too much I would like the car to smell great between washes and look awesome. But I hear people sat Zymol and others smell great, But how long does that smell last?

I have narrowed it down to these products because after seeing Zymol Carbon in pictures I am not satisfied:

ClearKote Vanilla Moose

P21S Concours Carnauba Wax (original)

Meguiars M26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax (liquid)

S100 Motorcycle Carnauba Paste Wax

Like I said I want durability, great smell, gloss/depth and water sheeting. I want to achive this depth/gloss:

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/878s100_reflections_suburban.jpg