PDA

View Full Version : Swissvax??

Pages : [1] 2 3

tonyS
01-21-2010, 02:22 PM
Are swissvax waxes really $130 better than my meguires gold wax? Has anyone seen a side by side comparison?

Greg Nichols
01-21-2010, 02:43 PM
in your comparison swissvax is better than megs for durabilty and long term shine.

P1et
01-21-2010, 02:46 PM
Yes, Swissvax is better than your Megs Gold Class.

JohnKleven
01-21-2010, 03:34 PM
No question about it. However, Swissvax waxes are a professionally applied product. A good detail will make Megs Gold Class look better than an inexperienced detail with Swissvax. Paint correction is what truly makes a vehicle shine, a good wax is just a bonus.

John

tonyS
01-21-2010, 03:48 PM
No question about it. However, Swissvax waxes are a professionally applied product. A good detail will make Megs Gold Class look better than an inexperienced detail with Swissvax. Paint correction is what truly makes a vehicle shine, a good wax is just a bonus.

John

I`m a professional it will be a good detail. I`m just looking for ways to step it up some. I don`t do many exotics so I`m trying to decide if it`s worth it to me to spend $150 on 200ml of wax. BTW thanks for your non-**** head answer.

AeroCleanse
01-21-2010, 05:01 PM
Way better. I have some Swissvax Saphir. But for the most part I use Ultima Paint Guard Plus.

dennn
01-21-2010, 06:07 PM
Unlike many OTC products, Swissvax instructs to clean the surface of the vehicle for optimum bonding. So IPA or solvent wipe down is a must. Often times, IPA wipe down after final polishing would reveal holograms and defects that were not previously removed.

Swissvax also makes a variety of waxes. Some of their waxes explicitly state that they are not meant for winter conditions. I have the one designed for Porsches and I think it is alright. I prepare the car with Menzerna products before applying Swissvax.

AeroCleanse
01-21-2010, 06:34 PM
Unlike many OTC products, Swissvax instructs to clean the surface of the vehicle for optimum bonding. So IPA or solvent wipe down is a must. Often times, IPA wipe down after final polishing would reveal holograms and defects that were not previously removed.

Swissvax also makes a variety of waxes. Some of their waxes explicitly state that they are not meant for winter conditions. I have the one designed for Porsches and I think it is alright. I prepare the car with Menzerna products before applying Swissvax.

They suggest using their cleaner fluid, but I found DodoJuice Lime Prime worked for me (post polish)

JohnKleven
01-21-2010, 09:01 PM
I`m a professional it will be a good detail. I`m just looking for ways to step it up some. I don`t do many exotics so I`m trying to decide if it`s worth it to me to spend $150 on 200ml of wax. BTW thanks for your non-**** head answer.

Haha, no problem. If you`re looking to step up your detail, what are you currently using for polishing, machine, compounds, pads? But if you upgrade waxes, be careful. You`ll be addicted to the shine, and more and more expensive waxes will end up on your door step. ;)

John

agpatel
01-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Go for it. I have Swissvax Insignis and love it. SV and other higher end nuba wax`s may not look any better the first day you apply it but it is how it looks a week, two weeks, four weeks down the road. They do not drop off in looks and slickness as faster as lower end was`s. Also every SV I have used and read about is easy on and super easy off.

craigdt
01-21-2010, 10:10 PM
Probably. But maybe a more relevant question is:

Is there something better than Swissvax at a better value?

I would venture a yes on this one.

Let me direct to towards a few:

Poorboys Nattys Blue

Pinnacle Souveran

Dodo Supernatural

I believe you can get all of those beauty waxes which are about the same durability-wise

for less than $150.

Now if you really want a kick in the pants, try some Ultima Paint Guard Plus. Super fast, great looking and very good durability.

JohnKleven
01-21-2010, 10:25 PM
Sonax Premium Class Carnauba wax is one of the best I`ve tried in a while. At $80 it`s a great deal. Spend the money on Menzerna if you haven`t already.

agpatel
01-21-2010, 10:29 PM
RBOE is my next best choice of wax for great look and good durability and hangs right up there with the big boys but with a small price tag.

JohnKleven
01-21-2010, 10:40 PM
Rboe??????

Ronkh
01-21-2010, 10:54 PM
http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing-product-discussion/121191-wax-comparrison.html