PDA

View Full Version : motor oil & trunk carpet mix!

ocd dave
01-20-2010, 11:18 AM
any good tips on getting motor oil out of trunk carpet (thanx to the previous owner) from a 02 Z28 Camaro (typical trunk fabric). The wife and I already tried scrubbing and vac the crap oughta the carpet with some duragloss ultimate orange. any advise?

S&S Detailing
01-20-2010, 11:28 AM
I`ve seen that kind of stuff on mats a lot, of course a different material, but I`ve had luck with a heavy duty solvent and some brushing in getting tar, oil etc out....maybe try that. It might make it easier too if you took all the little connectors off the trunk carpet and just took it all the way out, then power washed it with some degreaser? Good luck, I hate OIL!!!

BobD
01-20-2010, 12:48 PM
It`s probably stained, especially if it`s been there a while. You`d most likely be better off just getting some carpet dye to match and spraying it or try and find one on ebay or something.

ocd dave
01-20-2010, 02:17 PM
thanx guys! yeah i think we`re goin the rout of taking it out and hitting with a good de-greaser & rotary scrubber &/or power washer. But like you said Danase we`ll probably just end up buying new carpet. We`re also starting to think there might be some oil puddled under the carpet. the previous owner sucked :angry