PDA

View Full Version : Not your usual Write-Up

Pages : [1] 2

RenuAuto
01-19-2010, 02:27 AM
I tried to do something different here. A lot of detailers do AMAZING work and are generous enough to post up GREAT articles to other detailers documenting their process, pictures, the products/techniques they used, ect.

With this Write-Up I wanted to create something that would educate the customer. This would be designed to be marketed to existing and potential customers through the website, existing social media accounts, ect.

So with the customer as the target, I had to keep a couple things in mind:

-Simple Terminology

Most customers don`t know what M105 and ONR is. I wanted to keep things SIMPLE

-Short Attention Span

Many customers are on a website and you may have 10-15 seconds to do something to get their attention and KEEP it. In addition, the usual length of a detailers write-up would be too-long for an average customer to read through.

-Create Value

I had to portray things that would BUILD value in the service and try to show reasons that set us apart from the rest.

7-Day-Detail (http://www.renuauto.com/Renu_Automotive%21/7-Day-Detail.html)

I know I`m in uncharted territory here somewhat, so I`m interested in creating some discussion between other business minds and what value you see in this.

4cruizn
01-19-2010, 08:50 AM
Pretty intense, Grant! Nice write-up and a great detail. I know Matt Vincent who did your photography - went to high school with him at Pine View in St. George. Great job on the BMW. How many miles on it? I`ve never seen that type of leather treatment before. Any pictures of the seats after you removed the metallic bags?

Greg Nichols
01-19-2010, 09:07 AM
Looks great!

Would like to know more about the wheel painting, and the color chip. Feel free to email me.

Also good to know of other detailers in UTAH.

Cheers,

GREG

Thomas Dekany
01-19-2010, 11:46 AM
RENU - I had to restart my computer. It froze up. :(

Looked like a nice write up.

mose
01-19-2010, 01:13 PM
Very intense write up!! Good focus on telling the customer what they want to hear instead of boring them with a lot of detailing jargon.

Contructive criticism:

The after pics were very dark

The pic of the car being worked on in the street (from a customers standpoint) were very unsettling. I would not want to leave my car with someone for a whole week, pay them $1000, and know that my car is sitting in the street.

As a whole it was very well thought out and a great idea!! Good job!!

4cruizn
01-19-2010, 01:37 PM
Also good to know of other detailers in UTAH.

Greg, I don`t know how you keep a car clean in Logan! I spent two winters there at USU and it drove me nuts fighting the road salt. My hat`s off to you for keeping your (and other peoples` cars) clean there. I should give my mom your contact information -- she`s in Providence and I`m fairly sure her car would look like a wintery mess right now.

The pic of the car being worked on in the street (from a customers standpoint) were very unsettling.

I kind of thought the same thing. Cones around the car are thoughtful but still not comforting.

Again, great detail!

BobD
01-19-2010, 02:29 PM
Good write up. I agree with the pics of the car being worked on in the street.

One thing I`d change is make the text REAL text and not an image. It`ll help in the search engines.

EsWeAr
01-20-2010, 09:34 PM
Nice to see that we have a good quality detailer here in St. George... Now I know where to send people if they need a detail

RenuAuto
01-21-2010, 12:18 AM
Hey! Great to see a couple of people from St. George here on Autopia! I remember talking to 4cruzin a couple years ago at the Hurricane car show with his IMMACULATE Acura.

Also, EsWeAr, be sure to check out www.CarsAndCoffeeStGeorge.com if you want to come hang out with some of the car guys here in St. George :)

EsWeAr
01-21-2010, 11:55 AM
lol I manage the genx across the street from starbucks... i never noticed the cars there when this happens

moogoob
01-31-2010, 11:36 AM
Good write up. I agree with the pics of the car being worked on in the street.

One thing I`d change is make the text REAL text and not an image. It`ll help in the search engines.

Agreed.

Also use headings for each description. This helps search engines as well as the reader.

Day 1

Beautiful Matte Finish

......blablabla

Spotless Wheels

......blablabla

Nice job!

Bimmerdude
02-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Nice writeup!

One thing I`d like to see would be the products used on each step, not just some. I do agree with you that acronyms like ONR and M105 are often confusing, but you could just identify the products by their names. For instance, what did you use to decontaminate surfaces inside the car prior to the final conditioner (not the leather)?

Mike_Phillips
02-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Interesting approach to marketing, I like it. Maybe I didn`t understand the time and charge but seems like you need to charge more?

I really like this photo,

http://www.renuauto.com/Renu_Automotive%21/7-Day-Detail_files/SDC11108.jpg

Great before and after which shows what you can do and educates your potential customer what a clear coat finish is supposed to look like.

:2thumbs:

imported_gungriffin
02-13-2010, 11:01 AM
Looks good so far.

I am new to commenting, but not new to this site :D

Thought that I might comment on a few things if that is OK :)

-If you are going to comment on the price as well I wouldn`t worry as much about a more detailed write-up. If it is a customer who is interested in spending that amount on a detail then they are more interested in perfection (and probably more interested in the path to get there).

-The 50/50s that you put in there look good as well. For me as someone who just enjoys detailing nothing shows progress like 50/50s. That photo above says volumes about the progress that you made with the paint.

-Not sure if it was just me, but the reflections at the bottom of the photos took a while to load and were a bit distracting from the main photos themselves.

Looks to be a really good website overall though. Will be interesting to see now it drums up business.

kaotikdt
02-13-2010, 12:05 PM
Great job and write up!!!

Good way for your own publicity, i like your website!!

-Jerry