PDA

View Full Version : restoring leather

ocd dave
01-16-2010, 09:51 PM
Anyone have good tips on restoring neglected leather? My wife and i just bought an 02 z28 and the seats haven`t seen any love in some time! we cleaned them with some duragloss 462 & i didn`t have any leather/creme conditioner on hand so we had to get some megs gold class rich leather cleaner/conditioner. any other products to suggest or just stick with the megs stuff. also, how often should i re-apply to get the leather back into shape?

BTW the megs product worked pretty good, just tryin to get some outside info.

Thanx guys

jDizzle
01-16-2010, 10:24 PM
if you`re looking for OTC eagle one and meguiars both have good leather cleaners/conditioners. surf city garage`s voodoo leather rejuvinator works very well too as a dedicated conditioner, with no cleaning ability. i use meguiarsquick interior detailer(most often) to clean the leather, then follow up with the surf city. the surf city stuff smells really bad to me. but after you`re done it just smells like leather. concentrated in a bottle the stuff smells aweful though .

imported_Olbear1962
01-16-2010, 10:47 PM
Leatherique, fantastic product for restoration.

MDetail
01-17-2010, 01:58 AM
I thought a while back someone used vaseline and it worked. I would have to search deep for that one though.

jfelbab
01-17-2010, 07:32 AM
I prefer Leather Masters Strong Leather Cleaner, Leather Vital and Leather Protection Cream. Clean, condition and protect quarterly and I use Megs QID weekly to keep the leather clean and UV protected.

DocEldridge
01-18-2010, 02:27 AM
+1 for leatherique. Works great for restoring older leathers and will often bring back its quality without having to re-dye.