PDA

View Full Version : Paint Failure or Me failure?

thereisnoyun
01-15-2010, 09:28 PM
okay so got the whole car painted. the guy sealed the paint and assured me that "he has done this forever" and said its fine. So I said, fine, what can I do, he already sealed and waxed it.

Now its 2 month down the road. There are three spots where a light brush has dislodge the paitn and expose primer. Like the paint seperated from teh primer from surface friction like something that should cause only a scratch. What should I do? They say life time warranty. But I seriously doubt they would "repaint" my car just like that. They will likely feed me some bs to try to send me away. What do you guys think is the problem wit hte paint?

eyezack87
01-15-2010, 09:57 PM
Bad prep/painting on their part. Take it back to them because a good job will not separate like that

IkeRay
01-16-2010, 10:01 AM
okay so got the whole car painted. the guy sealed the paint and assured me that "he has done this forever" and said its fine. So I said, fine, what can I do, he already sealed and waxed it.

Now its 2 month down the road. There are three spots where a light brush has dislodge the paitn and expose primer. Like the paint seperated from teh primer from surface friction like something that should cause only a scratch. What should I do? They say life time warranty. But I seriously doubt they would "repaint" my car just like that. They will likely feed me some bs to try to send me away. What do you guys think is the problem wit hte paint?

lifetime warranty is lifetime warranty. they may not cover scratches or things of that nature, but large patches of paint coming off its not normal especially after only 2 months.

Accumulator
01-16-2010, 10:25 AM
Since the shop is obviously given to half-@$$ing their work, I`d do everything possible to ensure that they at least *try* to do the repair properly.

My5ABaby
01-16-2010, 10:49 AM
Try to get it redone and if they refuse... do you have any lawyer friends? That`ll work real quick. :D