PDA

View Full Version : Mytee Extractor Parts

rexrock
01-10-2010, 10:03 PM
Any Mytee extractor users know where to get parts? The Mytee website has the parts and the part numbers but I didn`t see where I could order them. I could be missing something, however.

imported_Jakerooni
01-10-2010, 10:29 PM
What do you need? I have several contacts for Mytee parts.

Greg Nichols
01-10-2010, 10:48 PM
Jake,

Post up what you have.

I need a new solution pump, mine just runs all the time.

I also want a vac motor with more inches of lift.

Cheers,

GREG

AeroCleanse
01-11-2010, 12:06 AM
Any Mytee extractor users know where to get parts? The Mytee website has the parts and the part numbers but I didn`t see where I could order them. I could be missing something, however.

Did you look at:

Mytee Products, Inc. Contact Us (http://www.mytee.com/contact.php)

ezemsm444
01-11-2010, 12:35 AM
Jake,

Post up what you have.

I need a new solution pump, mine just runs all the time.

I also want a vac motor with more inches of lift.

Cheers,

GREG

If the pump is on constantly, there is short. I would check the switch on the board before you go and buy an expensive hard part.

Greg Nichols
01-11-2010, 01:01 AM
If the pump is on constantly, there is short. I would check the switch on the board before you go and buy an expensive hard part.

Good idea, what is the process for checking the switch?

Cheers,

GREG

StadiumDetail
01-11-2010, 07:51 AM
I`ve had a similar issue with my pump and talked to a couple repair guys about it. The pump itself works fine, but the diaphram inside has weakened which allows the pressure to leak back into the lines. This of course drops the psi by 1 or 2 pounds which restarts the pump, constantly on and off a hundred+ times a sec making it sound like the pump is still running. When using the pump for cleaning it works like it always should.

The repair guy said it should still work for a long time, but he really didn`t want to swear to that either. He said it should last for months if not years, but it could only be days. I bought a replacement just for the inevitable and so far I haven`t needed it. He charged me $180 for the pump, I don`t know what the going rate it but it seemed a really good price. If you are interested I`m sure I could get him to mail you one if you can`t get a better price. My pump was for an HP60 btw.

rexrock
01-11-2010, 08:01 AM
What do you need? I have several contacts for Mytee parts.

All I need is one of the switches, part #E515 (2 position switch). Thanks

imported_Jakerooni
01-11-2010, 08:37 AM
Well I have a new contact. Haven`t checked his prices to everyone else yet but I know he`s got just about every mytee part there is.

Phil Gaido # 803-429-1741

And then there`s Danny at washwayUSA that has always given me the best prices on replacement parts and even saved me from buying more expensive parts by troubleshooting with me.

Danny - (951) 471-5415

gmblack3
01-11-2010, 09:26 AM
Greg, Did you run your supply tank dry? I had done this once, after filling the tank the pump kept on running and would not prime the system.

I called Mytee they said to place your water hose directly onto the intake screen in the tank. This will force enough water thru the system to "prime the pump" again. Worked great for me.

Greg Nichols
01-11-2010, 09:53 AM
Greg, Did you run your supply tank dry? I had done this once, after filling the tank the pump kept on running and would not prime the system.

I called Mytee they said to place your water hose directly onto the intake screen in the tank. This will force enough water thru the system to "prime the pump" again. Worked great for me.

need to try this again, I just don`t think I got enough water going into the intake screen. I did it once but............

I used DI water a few times before thinking that was not good, so I always wonder if that messed it up.

Cheers,

Greg

StadiumDetail
01-11-2010, 10:30 AM
need to try this again, I just don`t think I got enough water going into the intake screen. I did it once but............

I used DI water a few times before thinking that was not good, so I always wonder if that messed it up.

Cheers,

Greg

The pump should be fine if you ran it dry it just needs to be primed again, I never had to when it ran dry but maybe your pump is different. DI water will be cleaner (but not needed) than regular tap water, so that wouldn`t make a difference. It isn`t like gasoline where lubrication and other factors are an issue, water is water and unless you need to use DI water for a specific reason it makes no difference.

rexrock
01-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Well I have a new contact. Haven`t checked his prices to everyone else yet but I know he`s got just about every mytee part there is.

Phil Gaido # 803-429-1741

And then there`s Danny at washwayUSA that has always given me the best prices on replacement parts and even saved me from buying more expensive parts by troubleshooting with me.

Danny - (951) 471-5415

Thanks for the number, will call tomorrow. I thought I could find a site with an online catalog to just click and ship the part I needed. Thanks for the info.

Greg Nichols
01-11-2010, 11:12 PM
DI water WILL work over your metal parts for sure, my pressure washer showed some signs in short order unless I ran tap water right after DI.

I now use RO water from the grocery store, less hard minerals to gum up, it also cleans better than the hard water from the tap.

Cheers,

GREG

The pump should be fine if you ran it dry it just needs to be primed again, I never had to when it ran dry but maybe your pump is different. DI water will be cleaner (but not needed) than regular tap water, so that wouldn`t make a difference. It isn`t like gasoline where lubrication and other factors are an issue, water is water and unless you need to use DI water for a specific reason it makes no difference.

ezemsm444
01-12-2010, 01:24 AM
DI water WILL work over your metal parts for sure, my pressure washer showed some signs in short order unless I ran tap water right after DI.

I now use RO water from the grocery store, less hard minerals to gum up, it also cleans better than the hard water from the tap.

Cheers,

GREG

Thats funny, are you sure the signs you saw weren`t because you had been using tap before you switched to DI? Lets see a few years ago in a GM class they had covered coolant, and the main reason why they switched to propolene gylcol. They repeated over and over the importance of using distilled water opposed to tap water. Reason being Propelene gylcol and tap with different mineral impurities mixed with heat and constant temperature differences made it corrosive. From what i understand DI water takes the metal impurities by sort of a magnet effect, if you will anion and cation reactions. Thus making it cleaner than tap. why would it have an effect on your pressure washer? Now if you need to replace the resin and its exhausted, you could be washing the filters leaving the water dirtier than it came from the tap. You can buy a ppm meter for 20 bucks and really see whats going on. I`m not doubting you but it seems strange to me. But using RO water is a step further. Have you noticed that the carpet has less of a smell afterwards? Before the water passes through the RO membrane it goes through a carbon filter that removes the bleaches and different chemicals that can damage the membrane. In turn it the water won`t smell rancid if its left in a container for an extended period. As for checking a switch use a meter and check to see if the circuit opens and closes.