PDA

View Full Version : Quick, HELP PLEASE

fergnation
01-10-2010, 10:11 AM
I have a Lexus in my garage that a customer brought into me yesterday. She complained of a horrible smell. When I pulled the back seat out I found what the problem is. Their little girl had poured chocolate milk down the back seat. I was able to clean up under the seat but my problem now is the foam of the seat.

How do I get the foam cleaned so that it doesn`t smell anymore. The milk has spoiled and molded on the foam. Is there a product or a way of cleaning the foam that has been soaked with spoiled choc. milk.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

ezemsm444
01-10-2010, 10:27 AM
You could maybe take the cover off but it might be more trouble than you bargain for. Especially if they use hogrings they can be a pain to get back together. Getting the leather to line back up will take a while.

getcha
01-10-2010, 10:32 AM
Is the foam exposed on the underside of it? If not maybe its possible to do a partial uncovering of the foam from the cover, so you dont have to try to line it up with full removal..

If so, if you can get between the cover and foam(on the topside) and put some sort of plastic sheeting around the foam itself to prevent the backflow and running of cleaners back through the foam and to the cover all over again.

you could then compress the foam and use your cleaners/hot extract just the foam(since you have taken care of the cover from the outside) to get all the nasty stuff out..

I would imagine get get rid of everything you have to get the entire depth of the foam

imported_Detailing Technology
01-10-2010, 11:02 AM
An Ozone machine, MAY help kill the smell.

Baking soda will absorb temporarily.

Try BAC-OUT. It kills the living germs that make nasty scents. Worked on white clam sauce in my Jeep.

fergnation
01-10-2010, 11:07 AM
Getcha, ya the foam is exposed. The mold is where the foam sits on the bottom panel. The milk sat where the drain plug is under the seat. So the mold is directly on the foam.

So your thinking I should soak the foam in cleaners and then try to suck i t out. What cleaners would you suggest. I have already tried bleach and every cleaner on my shelves. IF you have a suggestion that would be great.

Thanks ezem and getcha

Street5927
01-10-2010, 11:52 AM
Like Jd said, something that will kill the bacteria that is causing the scents. I have used Bio-Enzyme Cleaner quite often, and it works great on killing those terrible smells.

Quality Leather
01-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Ferg,

I like getcha`s response. If I remember correctly, then mold cleaners are mostly hydrogen peroxide. Personally, I use bleach for cleaning indoors to kill everything. In this case, I would start with the peroxide diluted with water and then finish with bleach diluted with water and APC. You should be able to suck out everything with a vac or extractor.