PDA

View Full Version : Acrylic Sealants...

Pages : [1] 2

Buff Guys Auto
01-07-2010, 08:56 AM
Ok guys so I am currently using the Klasse twins and I`ve had good results. So im happyish,,, the only problem is the cure time for layering is not condusive to layering on a customers car. can only keep them so long unfortunatly

So here is the question....Do any other Acrylic Sealants have the ability to set up quicker such as werkstat or carlack etc? if not is laying down some Kaio then slapping some c845 or 476s atop shortly afterward going to compromise integrity? i know i could just use a prewax but if kaio works..

steelwind101
01-07-2010, 09:04 AM
KAIO topped with Zaino or Collinite products provides a pretty durable, long lasting protection.

You can always consider buying WERKSTATT products, they are based on Klasses/Carlack formula but quicker to use (trigger) and are ready to right away.

Optiseal always gives me 3 months or protection too. You can do a couple of coats 30 mins apart and there is no buff required.

I think KAIO has been a fine paint prep product when you do not need to remove defects for many many years. It can be topped with just about every product.

Geoff

Buff Guys Auto
01-07-2010, 09:13 AM
You can always consider buying WERKSTATT products, they are based on Klasses/Carlack formula but quicker to use (trigger) and are ready to right away.

so your saying that WERKSTATT is a back to back application?

Bert
01-07-2010, 09:59 AM
so your saying that WERKSTATT is a back to back application?

I don`t want to step on toes but I thought Werkstat had a 12 hour wait? If you use Poly Charger H2O it will shorten that timeframe but I don`t know how much.

Buff Guys Auto
01-07-2010, 10:05 AM
hmm.. tell me about this poly charger?

imported_smprince1
01-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Here is a past response I received from Jeffs Werkstatt:

Thank you for contacting the Werkstatt.

The majority of polymer curing occurs within 30 minutes of drying/application. So, for layering of Acrylic Jett over itself, only a 30 minute wait time is needed. However, to ensure best results when topping with a carnauba wax which may contain some strong solvents, we recommend waiting 24 hours for full and complete crosslinking whenever possible.

Happy Detailing!

Werkstatt Product Development

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
01-07-2010, 10:19 AM
The new Danase sealant sounds like just what you are looking for!!!

dervdave
01-07-2010, 10:25 AM
hmm.. tell me about this poly charger?

Click on this :)

Polycharger Wax Booster - Boost your favorite car wax to make it BETTER! (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/polycharger.html)

Buff Guys Auto
01-07-2010, 12:52 PM
Click on this :)

Polycharger Wax Booster - Boost your favorite car wax to make it BETTER! (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/polycharger.html)

oh but does it work, any personal experiences?

dervdave
01-07-2010, 12:57 PM
oh but does it work, any personal experiences?

Yeah it works !

There are literally hundreds of posts mentioning Polycharger, best do a forum search for all the answers you`ll need.:)

imported_gusbubba
01-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Chem. Guys M-Seal does what you`re asking. I`ve used it....nice product, easy to use, a bit sterile looking for my tastes and some question it`s durability. It`s worked fine for me, though.

steelwind101
01-07-2010, 02:59 PM
There are various pre polycharged products out there too, you did specify Acrylic sealants in your thread title though.

Pre-PP 4*UUP, Pre-PP Souveran is great too. Wolfgang 3.0 is my favorite sealant, durable, easy to use and looks great and doesnt fade.

M-seal, 109 were all a let down to me, flat looks (M-Seal) overstated durability on the 109.

wfedwar
01-07-2010, 08:13 PM
If you like Klasse, you really should try Werkstat.

Accumulator
01-08-2010, 11:07 AM
If you like Klasse, you really should try Werkstat.

Isn`t their KSG equivalent only available in a spray form? I can`t help but wonder if that`d offer the same kind of thick build-film that you get with KSG :think:

I`m after that clearly discernable "plastic coated" effect that I get with many layers of KSG. The kind of coating that lasts [longer than anybody here would believe].

Heh heh, not that I plan on finishing off my original (from `99) bottle of KSG any time soon anyhow ;)

imported_smprince1
01-08-2010, 11:40 AM
Isn`t their KSG equivalent only available in a spray form?

They sell both a "regular" liquid (ie. AJ) and a "spray" version (ie. AJT).