PDA

View Full Version : Make me a shopping list.

Tex Star Detail
12-18-2005, 10:16 PM
Alright..............So I`m looking at going Mobile mid-year. A little info first...
I detail full time right now at a used car lot. I`m the only one in the shop, so I do more than just detai. From changing oil, plugging tires, fluids, windows, amd everything else about the cars I fix. I started out detailing only, but as time progressed and I showed them what I am capable of doing, I get to do it all. The down side to this.......no pay raise. Honestly, It isn`t detailing. It`s cleaning. Wash the car, dress the tires/well wells, and through a coat of wax on it. And they expect it to be glossy and slick... HAHA........I do love detailing the engine bay........the down side.....They tell me to use clear spray paint instaed of a detail spray...OH WELL...........Spray paint the floor mats black if they are stained....BLAH BLAH BLAH..............
Don`t get me wrong....I HATE doing it that way.....The owner bought an extractor, so why not use it instead of friggin spray paint.
So here is what I need..........
A list of products to buy. I hear nothing but positive about PB`s line, so I`d like to start there. CWCAD offered to let me use his Menzerna IP, FP, finishing touch glaze, and FMJ......and I loved it. Though I still have not had a chance to use it on my personal vehicle. I tried it on a small section of a hood at work. Loved the results. What to top the FMJ with though? What`s the waiting time to top it?

I don`t need a list of supplies, as I already have about it all.....Just a list of Chemicals to buy....and what order to use them.....I`m used to the CAR BRITE line at work, but not too happy about the outcome on most of the product.

Thanks in advance...
Chris

joyriide1113
12-18-2005, 10:21 PM
lol... u`re soo lazy. lol.. im sure someone with some time to kill will make u a list tho.

Jngrbrdman
12-18-2005, 10:22 PM
That isn`t an easy question to answer. It is one that a sales rep from AutoMagic or Paint Bull or Autoint or someone like that should probably answer for you. You should contact a company like that and tell them more about the market you are in and what kind of work you are doing and they will be more than happy to suggest the chemicals you need. If you are serious about doing this full time then you really should ask the companies that deal with this kind of request all day long. You`ll probably get exactly the answer you are looking for without much speculation.

Tex Star Detail
12-18-2005, 10:36 PM
lol... u`re soo lazy. lol.. im sure someone with some time to kill will make u a list tho.

:innocent: I`m trying to watch TV...LOL

I know it isn`t that easy to answer, and will get many variations of answers. I should have worded it differently. Everyone has favorites and will stick to that, while someone else will disagree and say buy this.

I`ve been searching for hours on end everynight, I guess I should have asked for recommedations on products........

I`ll shoot some questions over to Steve from PB`s

Thanks

The Chee
12-18-2005, 10:48 PM
I love the FMJ sample a kind DC member offered me, why don`t you get the 32 oz FMJ with free Menzerna acrylic spray PAC`s offering..$42.45 after the 15% discount...I love it on my car, ain`t going to top anything with oit :beer:

pt91
12-19-2005, 12:03 AM
I love the FMJ sample a kind DC member offered me, why don`t you get the 32 oz FMJ with free Menzerna acrylic spray PAC`s offering..$42.45 after the 15% discount...I love it on my car, ain`t going to top anything with oit :beer:

Can you post a link to that offer? I don`t see it on PAC.

The Chee
12-19-2005, 12:15 AM
I couldn`t find it anymore, I guess it was taken off . I was so going to order it with the free HGAS in a couple of hours :bawling: . Sorry we missed the offer.