PDA

View Full Version : Products frozen

uniquedetailing
01-03-2010, 08:54 PM
So i went away for a few days and temts got low and alot of my stuff froze, :sadpace: can they still be used?????

BigAl3
01-03-2010, 09:52 PM
if you can shake it and get some consistency of the way it would be normally, then you might be okay. try using some of the products and see if they perform the way they should. you might be SOL...

Jaws2008
01-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Some might...let them "thaw" and shake them good. test out b4 applying. i had some products left in car once and they all were fine except a tire gel.

craigdt
01-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Depends on what they are. What are they?

StadiumDetail
01-05-2010, 10:21 AM
craigdt is right it depends on what they were.

Also how cold did it get? Unless you are way up north I don`t see it getting cold enough for anything but water to freeze, so although the water in the products froze they should be perfectly fine once it thaws back out.

BobD
01-05-2010, 10:33 AM
The major problems come from multiple freeze and thaws. But everything is different. I`ve had products freeze to be complete junk when they thawed and products be fine through multiple freezes and thaws. I take everything out of my garage in the winter though so that doesn`t happen. Occasionally I miss something though. Like this winter I have a gallon of degreaser that is a block of ice now.

BigAl3
01-21-2010, 05:20 PM
i was just out in the garage and had to refill a smaller bottle from a gallon. it reminded me that through this cold weather, it was a good idea to shake up all the liquid products (usually do it every few weeks or so). i`m sure we all have had a bottle or two of something go bad, which means wasted $`s.