PDA

View Full Version : gloss it question

RustyBumper
01-03-2010, 12:24 AM
Has anyone used the gloss it backing plates? I`m thinking about getting one. Originally I had planned on getting a LC backing plate, but changed my mind after reading about some of the major failures that people have been having with them.

GBSLambo
01-03-2010, 05:56 AM
I just ordered a 3" Gloss-it rotary backing plate but I haven`t had a chance to use it yet. I love the 3M perfect-it backing plates but they don`t make a 3" as far as I know. I also have had a lot of problems with Lake County backing plates and would never buy another one. The foam just rips apart on them.

Street5927
01-04-2010, 09:44 AM
I have never used the gloss-it backing plates, only used the LC backing plates. I have never had an issue with the LC backing plates, though. They are holding up very well. On a side note, I have used gloss-it polishes, and they work very well.

Pats300zx
01-04-2010, 09:59 AM
I am with Gary and ordered a 3 inch Gloss it BP. I haven`t had a chance to try it out yet. I have had pretty good luck with my 3M BP`s.

JohnKleven
01-04-2010, 10:00 AM
I have the gloss-it backing plate and it`s awesome. It has a hook and loop velcro which is much better than the european 3M backing plate where you get the random flying pads.

John

Thomas Dekany
01-04-2010, 10:07 AM
I used both the 3m (gone) and the gloss it in both sizes. Both are :2thumbs:

bryan
01-04-2010, 04:52 PM
i used both sizes this year and the GI pads and they are the best I have used so far. they are like new after a year, the white pads flake around the edges a little but they are a deadly compounding pad

RustyBumper
01-04-2010, 05:42 PM
Bryansbestwax, how are the GI pads in comparison to the Lake Country flat pads? Do they correct better? How do they clean up and and how do they hold up?

Do they correct and finish better?

bryan
01-05-2010, 11:03 AM
I find they are smoother than the LC pads and everything but the white holds up great. The white compounding pads work better than the LC pads by working smoother and cutting faster than LC compounding pads. I have used LC, Edge, 3M and a few others and so far I am in no hurry to switch from the GI pads. There backing plates are top quality and have very good duability. clean up is easy, i soak them in a bucket for ten minutes with DP pad cleaner and rinse clean, they come out like new.