PDA

View Full Version : Rubber Floor Mats?

Pages : [1] 2 3

mrmatt
01-02-2010, 09:03 AM
Wanted to see how many Autopian`s put down rubber floor mats over their carpet floor mats in their car?

Thinking of investing in some to protect from water, dirt and junk from getting on the nice floor mats.

What is everyone`s opinion?

Cleaning Fool
01-02-2010, 09:23 AM
I prefer a good quality rubber over carpet. I just put some Michelin Rubber mats in my Sequoia and from recent snow there is salt all over them, but I can clean them up no problem, you can scrub and clean whatever junk gets on them. The carpet to me is just a royal pain to clean, especially as they start to age. Yeah, I like the idea of putting down rubber over carpet.

Accumulator
01-02-2010, 10:48 AM
I have rubber or plastic mats in some vehicles, but not every one that gets used all winter. Accumulatorette`s daily driver (`00 A8) is still just running the factory carpet mats year-round.

Cleaning the rubber/plastic ones sure is a lot quicker and easier than cleaning the carpeted mats! And they usually keep the salty mess off the surrounding carpet better.

washnwaxr
01-03-2010, 03:48 PM
In the winter I do, keeps the junk off the carpet mats.

Thomas Dekany
01-03-2010, 04:29 PM
weathertech`s in both cars 365 days a year.

imported_wagonproject
01-03-2010, 04:34 PM
I run Husky liners in all my vehicles I`ve had all year around. They fit perfect and I`ve never had a problem with any.

http://autoanything.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/husky-floor-liner-black.jpg

imported_Peco
01-03-2010, 04:44 PM
I just ordered a set or Weather Tech Floor Liners for my 02 Blazer ZR2. Heard they have good coverage and fit very well.

Big Leegr
01-03-2010, 04:50 PM
I prefer the sturdy rubber/plastic ones as they don`t bunch up and freeze in the cold. You can also dump out the water even if it is cold out. (Once the water is frozen in the carpet, it ain`t coming out too quickly.)

I don`t put my rubber mats over my carpet ones, though. I take the carpet ones out.

imported_Luigi
01-03-2010, 06:52 PM
I`ve been using OEM rubber car mats that I ended up buying from the dealer all year round. We get lots of snow, so it keeps the salt off the carpet, and keeps the mud off when it rains and crap like that.

Mind you my mats only cost $40 as the dealer was trying to get rid of them, but my brother just got Honda civic mats for xmas and they were way too much money I though. I would have gotten husky liners or something instead, just because of the price.

Dan
01-03-2010, 08:28 PM
I hated the Weather Techs, of the 3 pairs I got, none seemed to fit right in any of the cars, they seem like an almost custom fit. I had a set of Husky floor liners and loved those as well as some Carbox liners. Another good alternative for a great fit and look is the factory winter mats. They are about the same price as the aftermarket stuff.

imported_01GreyStangGT
01-03-2010, 08:57 PM
I also put rubber mats over the carpet ones as well.

Mark77
01-03-2010, 10:46 PM
I have my carpet mats in a storage room, used them maybe one week.. I like the rubber mats so much better..

BearValley
01-04-2010, 01:05 AM
I run Husky liners in all my vehicles I`ve had all year around. They fit perfect and I`ve never had a problem with any.

http://autoanything.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/husky-floor-liner-black.jpg

+1 on the Husky Liners! I have them in both vehicles and they do fit perfectly.

imported_Larry A
01-04-2010, 08:26 AM
Rubber mats for me too. Both cars have them.

Accumulator
01-04-2010, 10:22 AM
+1 on the Husky Liners! I have them in both vehicles and they do fit perfectly.

Yeah, those are one of the two sets I use in the Yukon, the other set being WeatherTechs. Too bad they don`t make mats like that for my minivan.