PDA

View Full Version : Ziebart Diamond Gloss and Rust Protection

matte
12-31-2009, 01:37 PM
Just picked up a new car and want to protect it from the lovely climate in New York State. salt... etc...

The dealer offers Ziebart Diamond Gloss protection for the paint $300 or "half off the retail $600". Not sure yet if that will have to be reapplied every year, and if so at what cost. Brochure says "space age resin based protective coating, hardens paint into glass like shine, not wax or silicon, surface prep insures permanent bond".

I`ve waxed and detailed my fair share of cars in the last 10 years and well if I can save myself the time from having to wax the car 4 times a year... its offly tempting. However, I`ve not been able to find too many glowing reviews of the stuff and many people suggest just using Zaino Z-CS clear seal instead.

as for the rust protection they offer that for another $300 (retail $599).

they also have undercoating sound barrier for about $150 (retail $299), "tough coating applied to floor, frame, gas tank, suspension and brake lines. reduces road noise and vibration" sounds like the rhino liner type stuff sprayed on the bottom fo the car.

they also have Aquapel glass treatment, like rain x, but you pay the $60 once and they reapply it every year for free.

so over all - I`m at a loss... I want to prevent some of the road wear and tear that the New York roads put on the car, at the same time I don`t want to mess up the car`s finish, nor do I want to get ripped off.