PDA

View Full Version : Small World

imported_WCD
12-30-2009, 11:23 PM
So we DO live in small World...

A few weeks ago I am working a holiday boutique and selling towels and details with my son. I agreed to pay him 10%, thinking we`d do about $100 or so at this school boutique. As I was trying to sell microfiber packs, he kept hitting customers with $150 detail gift certificates..he sold 5!!! At the end of the day, I paid him $88.

So along comes one of my parents from my class..I teach 6th grade. We start talking and she says, "Oh, I`m sorry, but I can`t buy anything from you because that would be like going against family. My husband`s brother does this...he makes chemicals for car washing."

I`m thinking, Ok, probably works for Megs. or something. She is blanking on the name.

"Where does he live?"

"Tennessee."

"Are you telling me that your son`s uncle is Dr. G of Optimum?!!""

She breaks out in laughter..."YES!"

I get a bottle of his polish and we take a picture and text it to him. She then says, "Well, I know what to get you for Christmas."

I am going to meet him on his next visit as they are having me over to their house. How cool is that? I use Optimum and have bigger plans with his product for this year. I`m also glad that his nephew is a very good student..makes it easier to talk with him.

Small World,

Robert Regan

Mark77
12-31-2009, 07:27 AM
Yeah, sometimes the world is very small.. Even more so in a smaller country like I live in :)

Optimum has great products, wish they could sell some of their stuff here, now I have to order it or ask some friend to send it to me from the states..

imported_WCD
12-31-2009, 10:04 AM
Mark,

Sorry to hear about the tragic shooting in the mall. Hey, next time my coworker travels to Finland, her son`s favorite place, I`ll have them bring you some product!

Rob

Mark77
12-31-2009, 01:47 PM
Mark,

Sorry to hear about the tragic shooting in the mall. Hey, next time my coworker travels to Finland, her son`s favorite place, I`ll have them bring you some product!

Rob

Yeah it`s pretty tragic, but nothing that will ruin my day. Some people that work for me were pretty scared to go home today because they live close to this mall. But pretty soon they found out he had shot him self also..

Glad to hear your coworker and her son likes this country so much(hope they still do after this), It would be nice to meet them..

Happy New Year to you all :)

a.k.a. Patrick
12-31-2009, 02:50 PM
Rob, DR. G went to UCSB! He knows all about SB!

imported_WCD
12-31-2009, 06:02 PM
Yes, his Masters if from here. I remembered all that, but never put it together with the student of mine. Great family and super nice. I push their kid a bit, but they have high expectations...the brother also has a PhD in engineering, I believe.

Patrick...nice to hear from you!