PDA

View Full Version : Houston - Need body repair

IkeRay
12-28-2009, 11:11 PM
Alright, going to make a long story as short as possible.

Got sideswiped on Nov 17, insurance had my statement immediately, I rented a car in hopes of getting approved and insurance covering. Dec 7 (or so) other guy finally calls insurance and they get his statement, as always they don`t match and need witness` statement. Dec 23 finally have witness` statement, claim is approved and so is rental car.

BUT, now that its been a month and a half since the accident, insurance is pressuring me to get a repair shop picked out by tomorrow (at the latest they say), or they`ll deny any more days of the rental car. I haven`t been looking around because it looked like we weren`t going to get approved so I`ve been pricing out doing it myself.

well, finally got to check out a couple of shops today and each of them scared me in a different way. first I went to their recommended shop, Sterling Autobody. the operations looked good, the guy showed me some fenders he painted and they looked clean, but they looked scuffed or he missed spots. THEN he showed me them "detailing" a car and it was a short lady with a mop and a floor brush :scared:

other places they just looked very unorganized or work was decent but they didn`t "warranty" their work. plus their detailers were the same thing, dirty rags and sponges sitting on the floor, a big bucket of dirty water, and swirls on freshly painted surfaces.

so, A) anyone in the Houston area had body work done and can point me somewhere; B) anyway to get the insurance off my butt since I`ve had <1 week to really look at shops and being christmas last week, most places were closed after tuesday.